Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My keyless entry worked on the passenger side and the trunk would beep when I approached the car from the rear.

The drivers side would not respond to anything.

3 visits to the dealer.

1st visit: confirmed the issue. Ordered parts.
2nd visit: installed new door handle. Problem still there.
3rd visit: Installed electronic actuator(door locks I think). Problem still there. Tech pulling hair out.

I am getting out of the car and noticed that the Hyundai's have a PLUG that is visible near the door hinges. It's a black flexible rubber tube or boot that the wiring harness is in and it ends with a plug that connects on the car's chassis.

On a hunch I just pressed this plug firmly toward the chassis. I did hear some faint click sound near the bottom of the plug.

Immediately I thought "No fokkin' way!!?!?!?!?"

The end of the story is that I have had my keyless entry working perfectly for the last 3 weeks.

I made sure to call the dealership and let them know.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
My keyless entry worked on the passenger side and the trunk would beep when I approached the car from the rear.

3 visits to the dealer.

3rd visit: Installed electronic actuator(door locks I think). Problem still there. Tech pulling hair out.

I am getting out of the car and noticed that the Hyundai's have a PLUG that is visible near the door hinges. It's a black flexible rubber tube or boot that the wiring harness is in and it ends with a plug that connects on the car's chassis.

On a hunch I just pressed this plug firmly toward the chassis. I did hear some faint click sound near the bottom of the plug.

The end of the story is that I have had my keyless entry working perfectly for the last 3 weeks.

You should have asked for a job.....LOL

Reactions: johfed

·
Registered
'15 LF 2.0T Limited
15 Posts

3 visits to the dealer.

I just got my Sonata and my driver's side isn't working either. Randomly, one day it worked but other days it doesn't work. My passenger door side is good and the trunk release works. I will have to look for this plug.

·
Registered
'15 LF 2.0T Limited
15 Posts

3 visits to the dealer.

so i found the plug (black flexible rubber tube) you mentioned. i pressed firmly like you said and boom... the door knob is working just fine. i was blown away just like you. thanks for posting!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts