Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Logged into Hyundaiusa.com to document maintenance and noticed that fresh off the presses is an alert for a software update. Wonder what this is all about.

SBR,if you see this,would appreciate your insight.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Yep, I’ve got the alerts for my 17 and 18. No info on how to get the updates, I’m assuming it means a trip to the dealership.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
You all lucky I found topic on homepage "Software update",,

Only thing I see in common is 2 of you appear to have '18 model as seen in box under username,, with 1 showing '17...

Quick breeze of Hyundaitech reflect this :

DECEMBER, 2017
SERVICE CAMPAIGN T2Q

SONATA (LFA)

SUBJECT:

ECM AND TCM UPDATE - DTC P219C, P219D, P219E, P219F & P0731 IMPROVEMENT

--------------------------------

Description:

This bulletin provides information related to the Engine Control Module (ECM) and Transmission Control Module (TCM) software updates for certain 2018MY SONATA, equipped with 2.0L turbo
engine and 8 speed automatic transmission.

These vehicles may experience Malfunction Indication Light illumination with any of the following DTC(s) below:

 P219C: Cylinder #1 Imbalance Error
 P219D: Cylinder #2 Imbalance Error
 P219E: Cylinder #3 Imbalance Error
 P219F: Cylinder #4 Imbalance Error
 P0731: Gear 1 Incorrect Ratio

Note 1: There are no drivability symptoms associated with DTCs P219C, P219D, P219E and P219F.

Note 2: Some vehicles may experience limited engine power (“Limp Home”) mode with DTC P0731.

Both ECM and TCM software updates must be performed on each vehicle.

Must reset TCM adaptive learning values after ECM and TCM updates are completed.

Applicable Vehicle:

Certain 2018MY Sonata (LFA) with 2.0L turbo engine

I did 1 earlier this week

Reactions: flemmons

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have 2 Hyundais, both registered in MyHyundai: my 2016 Sonata, and my wife's 2017 Tucson.

An Alert shows when I choose either vehicle to display, but it is actually the 2017 Tucson's VIN which is shown as needing the update.

Ironically, when I access the 2016 Sonata at MyHyundai Software Update, the Download tab is present, and I'm able to download the file to do the update. Bu when I choose the Tucson as the current vehicle, no Download tab is even present, even though the update is apparently for the Tucson, and not the Sonata.

The filename is xxxxx.exe. Given the website confusion, it makes me a little uneasy installing it, wanting to make sure I know which vehicle this is actually for, since the website seems to give conflicting information.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I have 2 Hyundais, both registered in MyHyundai: my 2016 Sonata, and my wife's 2017 Tucson.

An Alert shows when I choose either vehicle to display, but it is actually the 2017 Tucson's VIN which is shown as needing the update.

Ironically, when I access the 2016 Sonata at MyHyundai Software Update, the Download tab is present, and I'm able to download the file to do the update. Bu when I choose the Tucson as the current vehicle, no Download tab is even present, even though the update is apparently for the Tucson, and not the Sonata.

The filename is xxxx.exe. Given the website confusion, it makes me a little uneasy installing it, wanting to make sure I know which vehicle this is actually for, since the website seems to give conflicting information.
VIN is for a 2016 Sonata, and there is no open recalls to that VIN

·
Registered
278 Posts
VIN is for a 2016 Sonata, and there is no open recalls to that VIN
Thanks for the reply. I edited my post for the filename; didn't realize it was the actual VIN on the Sonata.

So I guess that downloadable file for the Sonata is an older update, that has presumably already been installed at the Dealership?

And therefore, since there is no download available for the Tucson, for which there apparently is an update, does that therefore mean that I have to bring it into the dealership to have it installed? That's a pain...

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With what SBR posted,there is no mention of a 2017 and I do not have a turbo. Wondering why I would get an alert,but,I will bring it in anyway.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
With what SBR posted,there is no mention of a 2017 and I do not have a turbo. Wondering why I would get an alert,but,I will bring it in anyway.
You know the drill.... VIN please (I dont save any of previous VIN)

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
So,Mr. SBR just informed me that I have won an Inhibitor Switch replacement..

T2M - SONATA INHIBITOR SWITCH REPL

Not the kind of things I like to win. Thanks for your time in looking this up SBR!!!

·
Registered
2021 Sonata SEL
500 Posts
Saw this post and decided to check my 17 Sonata at myhyundai.com. Ran the VIN AND nothing came up. Sonata SE mfg Dec 2016. (2.4 but you all know that by the trim level)

I'm not signed up for Bluelink but I noticed Hyundai had my exact odometer reading.
Every time I step into a restaurant my phone asks me if I'd like to do a review of it.
Between Hyundai and my cell phone it seems my every move is being recorded. If I'm ever acussed of a crime my car and phone can provide an alibi... lol.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Saw this post and decided to check my 17 Sonata at myhyundai.com. Ran the VIN AND nothing came up. Sonata SE mfg Dec 2016. (2.4 but you all know that by the trim level)

I'm not signed up for Bluelink but I noticed Hyundai had my exact odometer reading.
Every time I step into a restaurant my phone asks me if I'd like to do a review of it.
Between Hyundai and my cell phone it seems my every move is being recorded. If I'm ever acussed of a crime my car and phone can provide an alibi... lol.
Or,it can be used to incriminate you.Works both ways,right? .......lol:laugh:

Question for anyone.When you go to dealer,sit down across an adviser giving him your information(vin),are the maintenance records that you have logged in at Hyundaiusa.com staring the adviser in the face?

·
Registered
313 Posts
If you do not think you have BlueLink, push one of the three buttons on the left side of your rear view mirror. If someone answers you, you do have BlueLink. If you don't have it, a message comes up on your screen telling you that you are not signed up.

When I purchased my 2018, I did not want BlueLink for the exact reasons mentioned in this thread. I had a hard time getting BlueLink to unsubscribe me. They kept telling me "it's free". Told them I dont want it. "But it's free". I don't want it, even if you pay me to have it. They finally got it into their heads that I don't want it and they unsubscribed me.

Once in a while, I test both my 2018 and my 2015 to make sure they have not activated it unbeknownst to me.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
For those that have sent me VIN today, WEBDCS is being ignorant, so it;ll be Monday for me to inspect VIN for recalls..

Sorry for delay

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too received the notice on MyHyundai that I had a software update. I do not have a 'Downloads' menu and could not find any info on where to obtain the update. So, I went by my dealer and the service department had no idea what it was about and had no notifications from Hyundai.

What would be my next step in figuring this out?

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
PM your vin to SBR.Hyundaiusa.com shows it as a software update. SBR says it is >>>>> T2M - SONATA INHIBITOR SWITCH REPL

Not sure if I get the switch as well as a software update,but,will find out tomorrow as wife is bringing it to dealer for appointment at noon.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Dealer say "Huh?"

I printed the Alert from MyHyundai and took it to the service department at a nearby dealer today. They didn't know what to make of it and said the computer showed nothing needed for my VIN. To get rid of me, they said that's they sort of thing they check during oil changes. (May be a while. 1500 miles after three months of ownership.)

I'm going to be across town for lunch tomorrow. I plan to stop by a dealer there.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I printed the Alert from MyHyundai and took it to the service department at a nearby dealer today. They didn't know what to make of it and said the computer showed nothing needed for my VIN. To get rid of me, they said that's they sort of thing they check during oil changes. (May be a while. 1500 miles after three months of ownership.)

I'm going to be across town for lunch tomorrow. I plan to stop by a dealer there.
Now you have me worried a bit as I cannot be at the dealer tomorrow.Wanted to get this done as we are taking the car to Toronto Thursday....:|

1 - 20 of 62 Posts