·
Registered
2012 Sonata 2.0t Ltd & 2020 Palisade Ltd
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
89 Posts
After reading all of the complaints about the navigation update for the larger screen models, I want to see screen shots of everything that this update changes before applying it to my own car. I would be surprised if it's just AA/ACP updates without any changes to the UI.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On my 2020 Venue it enabled Android Auto over wireless, which I did not have before.
That is great info. Can 2020 Sonata owners with the non-nav system try this and see if it enables wireless CarPlay/AA?

I know it's enabled on the 2021 model years already, but it's buggy, which this update is supposed to fix.

·
Registered
33 Posts
So after multiple attempts. I have had no luck getting the software to update. DN8 2020 SEL Plus 8'' Screen. Following instructions exact and plugging in the usb drive check vehicle version, press update. It shows the new updated file. It start the process completes and then goes to the 2nd phase of completion and says complete system reboots and no change. Anyone else having this issue. Please help/

·
Registered
2020 SE, 6 Speed Manual
2 Posts
So after multiple attempts. I have had no luck getting the software to update. DN8 2020 SEL Plus 8'' Screen. Following instructions exact and plugging in the usb drive check vehicle version, press update. It shows the new updated file. It start the process completes and then goes to the 2nd phase of completion and says complete system reboots and no change. Anyone else having this issue. Please help/
On my 2020 Venue, it said it would apply the update and then rebooted to the update screen. But it quickly stopped and then came up with the same version of the software (not updated).
To apply it, I had to go into engineering mode and choose "Force Update". Use this method at your own risk, of course.

·
Registered
33 Posts
On my 2020 Venue, it said it would apply the update and then rebooted to the update screen. But it quickly stopped and then came up with the same version of the software (not updated).
To apply it, I had to go into engineering mode and choose "Force Update". Use this method at your own risk, of course.
Thanks a bunch

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is huge! I wasn't expecting Hyundai to push out an update to activate wireless AA on the 2020 model. I'm still waiting on this dongle to ship out but will install this later today to see if it works on my 2020 SEL.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is huge! I wasn't expecting Hyundai to push out an update to activate wireless AA on the 2020 model. I'm still waiting on this dongle to ship out but will install this later today to see if it works on my 2020 SEL.
Well they didn't really, since it apparently requires engineering mode to make it work.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
we have a 2016 elantra, and i installed a pioneer avh 4400nex with wireless carplay and aa. it works flawlessly with carplay, dunno about android. when we turn on the ignition, it instantly recognizes the iphone, and links. everything works great. the dongle i bought for the sonata is iffy at times, and the connection is not as solid as the pioneer. i am not convinced the fault is with apple, because the same phone works excellent with the elantra, and just ok with the dongle in the sonata. if i use the cable, both cars work the same

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can confirm just updated used engineering mode on my 2020 Sonata SEL PLUS 8” screen to update and now have wireless Apple CarPlay. Extremely happy now 😀

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cool, I've been wondering where to look for software updates. Unfortunately, it looks like our 2021 Tucson Value (non-navigation) will have to wait as it is not listed. :confused: Was hoping they might add wireless Android Auto as my S8 has a bad charging port, so wired is out of the question.

Oops, I now see this is the Sonata Forum, but your info/links are still appreciated!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Engineering mode force update worked like a charm.
Confirming sonata 2020 Sel Plus 8in screen wireless Android Auto and Apple Carplay Working 👍👍
I can confirm just updated used engineering mode on my 2020 Sonata SEL PLUS 8” screen to update and now have wireless Apple CarPlay. Extremely happy now 😀
Can those of you who installed this update let us know if any of the screens have changed such as the Home screen or the radio?

·
Registered
2 Posts
It all seems to be the same layout that I can see. From the main home screen I noticed my iPhone Bluetooth icon was missing at top right of screen so I decided to touch the phone icon at bottom to show the phone contacts or to make a call but was greeted with a blank screen and came back to the Home Screen then the Bluetooth icon reappeared at top but this disconnected CarPlay so apparently CarPlay defeats the Bluetooth portion for phone operation from radio which makes sense. Plus while using Apple CarPlay mapped directions function the Home Screen runs in the background for the radio function.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I realize that this is the Sonata forum but I still wanted to post this here... I just successfully updated the Audio Gen-1, non-Nav head unit on my 2020 Elantra Limited to SW version ADPE.USA.SOP.V115.200806. After the update, I still do not appear to have wireless Android Auto capability. Is there some trick to getting this to work that I am missing? Android Auto still works fine with the phone connected via USB cable. Thanks in advance!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts