Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone had installed Sonata's Accessory Frame?

Here is the web site Hyundai's web site

i'd like to carry my bike in sonata so i'd like to know if anyone has installed it.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Have not installed one, but by the prices of the " Accessory Frame" and the bike carrier I would think it would be cheaper to put on an aftermarket receiver hitch and bike carrier.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I've been waiting for this to be released. My dealer told me the carriers are Thule carriers and their price is actually on par with the stores out there for the same style of carrier. The hitch is probably a bit more than aftermarket as dealer labour charges are higher. But you are gauranteed exact fit and cleaner look from what I've seen with other cars. But most aftermarket is done right too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (Souks @ Sep 6 2010, 03:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354662
I've been waiting for this to be released. My dealer told me the carriers are Thule carriers and their price is actually on par with the stores out there for the same style of carrier. The hitch is probably a bit more than aftermarket as dealer labour charges are higher. But you are gauranteed exact fit and cleaner look from what I've seen with other cars. But most aftermarket is done right too.

Thanks a lot :)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
So on the build and price section it is showing it as $270 installed. Walk out from parts department is $210. The 4 bike carrier was Thule as I saw a Tucson with it at the dealer showroom and parts guy confirmed it's Thule. Not sure who makes the 2 bike one though, definantely not a Thule model. I only need 2 bikes so this might do the job at $100 cheaper price.

·
Registered
123 Posts
domt have one here. wife's auto has a aftermarket hitch. but as they said, OEM is "guaranteed" to fit. but most AM parts are just as good. is the xtra $$ worth the piece of mind?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
The 2 bike carrier is a Rola NV2, pretty neat system actually. For $199 it's a steal from Hyundai as I looked online and it's averaging $180US before shipping. So $200 Canadian picked up from Hyundai parts department is a bargain. Right now Hyundai Canada is giving you 15% discount on all accessories too so another $30 off the bike carrier and $45 off the accessory frame. Talked to my dealer and the frame is $270 installed prior to 15% discount.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts