Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
My apologies if this is in the wrong spot, but am hoping you can help me out.

I have an X2 in my Genesis Coupe that Rob got me squared away with over a year ago, give or take. In any event, the maps (and POIs) have gotten really outdated, especially in new developments in my part of town, ie zipcodes 16066 and 16046.

Speaking with a friend of mine stationed in Korea, he found out that when Hyundai/Mobis acquired M&Soft/SpeedNavi, they apparently pulled aftermarket map/program support out of North America and are solely focusing SpeedNavi on their factory (OEM navigation) systems.

Is this accurate?

I do field tech support and lately I've found myself using a 80$ Garmin from Amazon as the maps pick up all the new developments and POIs (restaurants, etc.) that my X2 has no idea exists - still has it as open fields and no roads, even though they've been around for over a year now :(.

Any idea what's being done about updates at this point? Is my buddy correct?

Looking on unavi-usa.com, it hints at an X5 unit is apparently an ARM processor (IGO?!) but that doesn't help me as the X2/X3 are MIPS and there isn't really any aftermarket GPS software out for it, even if you were to support switching navi software. Help please?!
Hey Crashp3 how are ya, did you loose my email? lol We do have a new product called the X5 being developed and its exciting, however until we get closer to release i still dont know much about the details, However for you and the X2 we do have a new map update for $75 that includes a BUNCH of new roads and POI's. If you are interested in the update please send me an email.

[email protected] and we will get you all set.
Thank you
Rob

·
Registered
21 Posts
Didn't lose your email, just didn't want to bother you if it wasn't your specific area!

I just sent you an email in regards to the map update; mine are time stamped 7/20/2010 and my area has seen a TON of change in the past 3 years so the update will be nice.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts