Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

You’ve heard, and in fact, may have used an aftermarket (“factory-look”) system that claims to integrate with the vehicle’s factory components and features.
Our Unavi is firmly in a class of it’s own, class leading in-dash system, factory fitment and quality at it’s best and OEM integration are just a few of the key features for this new evolution of automotive navigation systems.

But don’t take our word for it – try them out for yourself, compare Unavi to the factory-installed navigation system and other aftermarket brands, and impress other drivers.
If you want to be known as the best of the best, use the best of the best OEM-Integrated Navigation System.

Why spend the extra $2,500 - $5,000 for a Navigation Package, or possibly having to upgrade to a higher trim level to even get the option to add a navigation system for your vehicle?
This is where Unavi comes in with the solution you’re looking for.

*We Are The Manufacturer
Serving North America since 2009...
All product and support are based in California and manufactured in Korea.
Fully staffed and trained tech support team on stand-by for your needs. Always in stock, ready to ship.

*Nationwide Dealer Network
Experience Unavi’s worry-free installation, repair and technical assistance by the industry’s professionals.

*Hassle-Free Warranty
3-year manufacturer’s warranty comes with an advance exchange program.
If there is a problem you aren’t left with a hole in your dash while waiting for repairs.

*Cutting-Edge Design
High-quality LCD and components engineered for OEM fit and finish.
All testing and R&D maintains a thorough process in Korea and the U.S. as it releases products to our valued customer base.
Unavi is anxious to be on the leading edge of technology.

*Maps
Preloaded maps of North America developed by Hyundai’s map software company.
An optional 3D map is expected to be released when all bugs are worked out during the testing phase and we are confident of its quality and features.
Currently, many 3D maps are still at a state where it lacks three-dimensional building structures even in large cities. We strive to provide the best experience for our users!

*Proven Stability
Equipped with CPU used in Hyundai/Kia OEM navigation system.
Since Unavi offers a three-year warranty and caters to dealerships, it is crucial that our products meet certain level of OEM standards and qualifications for safety and durability with extra bells and whistles.
Fully certified, complies with FCC/KCC and registered member of Bluetooth SIG.

Compare & Contrast with competitive products

• Standard 1-year warranty with no advance exchange options (always ask about their warranty)

• Radio replacement type, may lose some or all factory features and pay extra for satellite radio, Bluetooth, iPod connectivity and steering wheel control adapter harness

• Most units are made in China with inferior parts (actually makes sound quality worse)

• Limited inventory – they get them from the manufacturer on a per basis order

• Limited to no tech support/customer service; no presence in the U.S. or in the aftermarket industry

• Product still in development and/or not ready for shipping

• We never want our customers to be the “guinea pig” for products being introduced

• When it comes to factory integration on Korean vehicles, no one does it better

Please feel free to post any questions and comments :)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Attention Forum members!!! The Special Forum member Pricing Is only available directly through UNAVi. We will setup everything from shipping product to either you or a shop for install and since we also have reduced labor rates, that will also be taken care of by us. So all you need to do is purchase the item through us tell us a good date of install and we will call the shop and set the appointment for you. This offer will not be found at our Dealers or Shops as they are not part of this special offer. So don't pass it up while it lasts, supplies are going fast!!! Thank you and have a great Day!!!!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Unavi X1, X2, X3 OEM-integrated Navigation System

UNAVI is an integrated and multi-media management navigation system for your vehicle with OEM fit and finish.
It retains all of the factory features and controls, including iPod/MP3 playback, Bluetooth, Satellite radio, steering wheel control and climate control system.

+ RETAIN FACTORY AUDIO HEAD UNIT
+ RETAIN FACTORY AM/FM/SATELLITE RADIO (Sirius XM)
+ RETAIN 6-CD CHANGER (FOR APPLICABLE MODELS)
+ RETAIN FACTORY AUX/iPOD CONNECTIVITY
+ RETAIN FACTORY BLUETOOTH SYSTEM
+ RETAIN FACTORY STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS
+ RETAIN CLIMATE CONTROL SYSTEM
+ RETAIN BLUELINK FUNCTIONS & INFO DISPLAY
+ 3-YEAR STANDARD LIMITED WARRANTY

SYSTEM INFORMATION
- LCD SIZE : 7" or 8" LCD Sized Monitor (7" - UNAVi X1 & X3, 8" - UNAVi X2)
- 800MHz AU1354 CPU : Equipped with CPU used in Hyundai/Kia OEM Navigation System. (Proven Stability)
** Price is not the factor - Our CPU costs more than the 2.XXGHz CPUs equipped in other manufacturers' system.
- MAP SOFTWARE : Preloaded maps "SPEED NAVI" of North America developed by HYUNDAI MOTOR GROUP’s map software company "HYUNDAI M&SOFT INC."
- WINDOWS CE O/S PLATFORM
- 800 x 480 WVGA Resolution
- COMPATIBLE WITH FACTORY'S AUDIO : Special Radio interface OEM-LOOKS!
- QUICK MENU KEYS : Easy play to Audio or Navigation functions.
- 2W x 1 STEREO Speakers
- u-blox GPS module
- AUDIO-OUT: AC97 / ALC5610 / Line Out / 1W X 2 Speak Out
- VIDEO-IN: BI 1605 Input / AV-IN / Rear View (CVBS input) / 2-port
- VIDEO-OUT: CH7026 CVBS OUT / L2C Interface
- Backup Camera Auto-booting when engage into Reverse gear
- SMART TRIP : Navigation sounds on the external speaker automatically if factory radio's on
- POWER: DC +12V ~ +24V

So Why Choose Unavi?
*We Are The Manufacturer since Serving North America since 2009.
All product and support are based in California and headquartered in Korea. Fully staffed and trained tech support on stand-by for your needs. Always in stock, ready to ship.
*Nationwide Dealer Network
Experience Unavi’s worry-free installation, repair and technical assistance by the industry’s professionals.
*Hassle-Free Warranty
3-year manufacturer’s warranty comes with an advance exchange program.
If there is a problem you aren’t left with a hole in your dash while waiting for repairs.
*Cutting-Edge Design
High-quality LCD and components engineered for OEM fit and finish.
All testing and R&D maintains a thorough process in Korea and the U.S. as it releases products to our valued customer base.
Unavi is anxious to be on the leading edge of technology.
*Maps
Preloaded maps of North America developed by HYUNDAI MOTOR GROUP’s map software company "HYUNDAI MNSOFT INC."
An optional 3D map is expected to be released when all bugs are worked out during the testing phase and we are confident of its quality and features. Currently, many 3D maps are still at a state where it lacks three-dimensional building structures even in large cities. We strive to provide the best experience for our users!
*Proven Stability
Equipped with AU1354 CPU used in Hyundai/Kia OEM navigation system.
Price is not the factor - Our CPU costs more than the 2GB CPUs equipped in other manufacturers' system.
Since Unavi offers a three-year warranty and caters to dealerships, it is crucial that our products meet certain level of OEM standards and qualifications for safety and durability with extra bells and whistles.
Fully certified, complies with FCC/KCCC and registered member of Bluetooth SIG.

Compare & Contrast with competitive products
• Standard 1-year warranty with no advance exchange options (always ask about their warranty)
• Radio replacement type, may lose some or all factory features and pay extra for satellite radio, Bluetooth, iPod connectivity and steering wheel control adapter harness
• Most units are made in China with inferior parts (actually makes sound quality worse)
• Limited inventory – they get them from the manufacturer on a per basis order
• Limited to no tech support/customer service; no presence in the U.S. or in the aftermarket industry
• Product still in development and/or not ready for shipping
• We never want our customers to be the “guinea pig” for products being introduced
• When it comes to factory integration on Korean vehicles, no one does it better

************************************************** ***********************************************
Attention Forum members!!!
The Special Forum member Pricing Is only available directly through UNAVi.
We will setup everything from shipping product to either you or a shop for install and since we also have reduced labor rates, that will also be taken care of by us.
So all you need to do is purchase the item through us tell us a good date of install and we will call the shop and set the appointment for you.
This offer will not be found at our Dealers or Shops as they are not part of this special offer. So don't pass it up while it lasts, supplies are going fast!!! Thank you and have a great Day!!!!
[UNAVI Navigation] Special Forum Member Pricing - Limited Time Offer!!
************************************************** ***********************************************

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guys don’t forget to encourage your friends or family to subscribe to our threads if they are interested in taking advantage of our 50% OFF discount program. Also for every person you refer that buys one of our units we will give you a $25 REBATE, and that offer goes to anyone referring a new customer. Customers must list you as the one referring them to receive this customer referral program. DON’T MISS OUT, Bring as many people into the forum and the threads as you can. The more new customers we get the better the discounts become. Thanks for your time and participation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Quick question - does the unit work with traffic from siriusxm traffic? Or is it compatible with any other traffic service that is integrated into the NAV system. Thanks

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It does not work with the xm or sirius traffic, however we do have a new piece in testing that would allow customers the option to having live traffic. Once we know a release date and more info on details we will make sure everyone is aware of the option. Thanks

Quick question - does the unit work with traffic from siriusxm traffic? Or is it compatible with any other traffic service that is integrated into the NAV system. Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Questions regarding UNAVI

I have a 2013 Sonata GLS with the standard audio system with XM and a single CD/MP3 player. I have had the car about a month.

Which of your Sonata YF models (A or B) will work best in my car? I like that the factory-installed clock is high on the dashboard and prefer a similar configuration if I get a navigation system.

The clock and display need to be fully visible if the driver is wearing polarized sunglasses. I found that the ambient temperature can't be read if I'm wearing decent-quality sunglasses.

Is your backup camera wired or wireless?

How does the consumer update the nav maps? I have a Garmin nuvi that I can connect to my computer and download maps via USB cable. Obviously, a system mounted in my car would not update the same way.

Do you have installers in the Pittsburgh PA area? I would want the nav system and backup camera professionally installed.

How long would the installer need the car? Would they need hours or days?

Would installing your system affect my warranty?

Thanks!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a 2013 Sonata GLS with the standard audio system with XM and a single CD/MP3 player. I have had the car about a month.

Which of your Sonata YF models (A or B) will work best in my car? I like that the factory-installed clock is high on the dashboard and prefer a similar configuration if I get a navigation system.
The type B keypad is the only one available now as type a has been fazed out.

The clock and display need to be fully visible if the driver is wearing polarized sunglasses. I found that the ambient temperature can't be read if I'm wearing decent-quality sunglasses.
The Clock is relocated and is not used in our application and as far as the outside temp, it will be available very soon as we are awaiting the replacement cables to make the temp show up on screen.

Is your backup camera wired or wireless?
It is wired.
How does the consumer update the nav maps? I have a Garmin nuvi that I can connect to my computer and download maps via USB cable. Obviously, a system mounted in my car would not update the same way.
Map updates can be downloaded and run about 65-75 when the updates are available. However TRUE map updates only are released about every three years as the maps are done by navteq and this includes Speednavi and IGO as well as Garmin all use the same maps. I have worked with Navteq for years with another product that uses thier maps and yes they do have yearly updates however be careful since i learned thte hard way after charging a customer 300 dollars that it was only software update and didnt contain any new mapping,

Do you have installers in the Pittsburgh PA area? I would want the nav system and backup camera professionally installed. If we don't have a current dealer, we can setup install at a local shop convenient to you.

How long would the installer need the car? Would they need hours or days? About 3-4 hours, i have the install down to less than 2 hours.

Would installing your system affect my warranty? No you just need to hang on to the parts from your original radio in case it needs to go back to service in the event of a failure with the factory radio. It is actually illegal for them to tell you that any aftermarket accessory voids warranty, its called the magnuson moss act.

Thanks!

Thank you let me know if i answered your questions or if you need any other info, thanks again for your interest.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Unless I'm missing something, I'm trying to see how much this unit is for a 2012 Sonata w/bluetooth and backup camera, keypad "B"

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
My apologies if this is in the wrong spot, but am hoping you can help me out.

I have an X2 in my Genesis Coupe that Rob got me squared away with over a year ago, give or take. In any event, the maps (and POIs) have gotten really outdated, especially in new developments in my part of town, ie zipcodes 16066 and 16046.

Speaking with a friend of mine stationed in Korea, he found out that when Hyundai/Mobis acquired M&Soft/SpeedNavi, they apparently pulled aftermarket map/program support out of North America and are solely focusing SpeedNavi on their factory (OEM navigation) systems.

Is this accurate?

I do field tech support and lately I've found myself using a 80$ Garmin from Amazon as the maps pick up all the new developments and POIs (restaurants, etc.) that my X2 has no idea exists - still has it as open fields and no roads, even though they've been around for over a year now :(.

Any idea what's being done about updates at this point? Is my buddy correct?

Looking on unavi-usa.com, it hints at an X5 unit is apparently an ARM processor (IGO?!) but that doesn't help me as the X2/X3 are MIPS and there isn't really any aftermarket GPS software out for it, even if you were to support switching navi software. Help please?!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts