Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the car in Dec of 2017 used with 2,700 miles on it.
Because it is used do I have just the basic 5 yr/60k warranty?

I recall a post saying the rod/bearing warranty on the engine is extended to 13 yes, unlimited miles. Is that just for the original owner or does mine qualify?
Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hyundai USA said:
What happens if I sell my vehicle before its warranty expires?

If you sell your vehicle while still under the 10-Year/100,000-Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty,
the warranty will be reduced to 5-year/60,000-mile coverage.

Other Hyundai warranty terms and coverage periods, including Roadside Assistance,
remain unchanged for subsequent owner(s).

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
They are working out the terms for KIA and Hyundai unlimited warranty for engine bearing failure. Officially the 10/100,000 is for original owner or if car was resold as a CPO but many people have already had engines replaced at all different miles regardless of original owner or not. There are posts for engine replacements under warranty at over 150,000 miles.

This is the settlement

·
Registered
34 Posts
They are working out the terms for KIA and Hyundai unlimited warranty for engine bearing failure. Officially the 10/100,000 is for original owner or if car was resold as a CPO but many people have already had engines replaced at all different miles regardless of original owner or not. There are posts for engine replacements under warranty at over 150,000 miles.

This is the settlement
View attachment 444773
Does this apply in Canada as well?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

This is the settlement
View attachment 444773
So there is still no definitive answer for my 2017 that I bought used with 2,700 miles on it?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
So there is still no definitive answer for my 2017 that I bought used with 2,700 miles on it?
At this time the settlement action that I posted in reply #3 is available off the USA Hyundai website. So IMO it should cover the bearing failure (long block) or damage due to fire as stated for life and doesnt designate original owner.

There are posts on this forums of replacement engines being covered at over 150,000 miles and not original owner.

·
Registered
616 Posts
At this time the settlement action that I posted in reply #3 is available off the USA Hyundai website. So IMO it should cover the bearing failure (long block) or damage due to fire as stated for life and doesnt designate original owner.

There are posts on this forums of replacement engines being covered at over 150,000 miles and not original owner.
After the original post about this "pending" lifetime warranty was posted with a copy of the "settlement" I emailed Hyundai and asked what warranty I actually have - the answer, 100K and 10 years. There is no settlement yet as I can see.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
As we previously discussed when I contacted Hyundai from their customer help link on the website this was the response email I received.

Date: November 8, 2019 at 08:09:16 PST
To: "<@sbcglobal.net>" (removed my personal email address)
Subject: Hyundai Consumer Affairs Case#: 16340752
Dear (removed my name):

Thank you for contacting Hyundai Motor America. We understand you were unable to receive settlement information. We would love to answer your questions regarding the Theta Engine Class Action settlement.

Hyundai Motor America has entered into an agreement to resolve class action litigation with owners of certain vehicles equipped with Theta II gasoline direct injection (GDI) engines. This agreement will provide various cash compensation options, lifetime warranties, engine inspections, and an available software update for the affected Class vehicles, which include certain 2011-2019 Sonata, 2013-2019 Santa Fe Sport, and 2014, 2015, 2018, and 2019 Tucson vehicles equipped with Theta II GDI engines.

For more information please visit https://www.hyundainews.com/en-us/releases/2883

When contacting us regarding this email, please reference your case number 16340752. We look forward to assisting you further.

Thank you for contacting Hyundai Motor America and being a valued member of our Hyundai Family.

Respectfully,

Hyundai Customer Care
(800) 633-5151
Monday-Friday 5:00 AM - 7:00 PM Pacific Time
Saturday and Sunday 6:30 AM - 3:00 PM Pacific Time
For open campaign information, please visit: www.hyundaiusa.com/campaignhome

·
Registered
616 Posts
"The Court is expected to review the proposed settlement for preliminary approval in October 2019. Assuming preliminary approval is granted, notices will be sent to individual class members pursuant to the terms of the settlement. "

So when will I get my "notice"? And who is a "class member"?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts