Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting 20-21 in my city driving with the ECO light on most of the time when I'm not stuck at lights or in traffic.

I think having the AC blasting all the time in Florida's abysmal summers is costing me 1mpg at least. I was just curious what others in the sunbelt were getting in their city mileage

·
Banned
630 Posts
I get 27 mpg mixed and thats driving in the worst traffic'd city in the world (NYC)

·
Registered
31 Posts
According to my car 18.9 mpg lol but i rarely see the eco light. I only drive short distances anyway

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm getting around 22 - 23 mpg. A majority of my driving is stop & go...I'm averaging about 21 mph in 25 hours of driving (according to the trip computer).

I'm going on a 400+ mile interstate trip this weekend and will fill up and re-set everything to see what I can get.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I take the same road to and from work,
on the way to work very little traffic 34.8 Mpg
on the way home 27.5 stop and go

Sure beats the truck I had which got 18 to work and 12 home
the $$ savings in gas is just about equal to the monthly payments
for the car as I drive 40 miles each way

·
Registered
932 Posts
I've got about 3200 miles on mine now and I'm getting right around 21.8 MPG. Some tanks a little, some a little less. It's about 1 MPG better than the 2007 Camry I had before. Both cars are rated at 22 MPG city though the Camry was only 31 MPG highway. Info computer usually shows about 1.4 MPG higher than actual numbers.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If your getting your mpg figures from the trip computer, you have no idea what your getting. All cars have very optimistic trip computers.
Example. I filled up my first time at a little less than half a tank.
I checked the trip computer and it said 28.3 MPG
I then did the math, i.e. miles driven (245) divided my the amount of gas purchased (9.419 gal) 245/9.419=26.01 MPG
That's almost 10% off on the optimistic side.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,279 Posts
25-26 mpg here. 60/40 highway and city mix. Loving it!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
If my readout is to be trusted, I'm only getting 20mpg in 95% city driving. I'm not impressed at all with city fuel economy thus far. I got 19 in my V6 Genesis sedan (28 on the hwy).

·
Registered
623 Posts
Only getting 23-24mpg in mixed driving. Then again I do have the Eco mode off which activates the other 4 cylinders. :whistling:

·
Registered
56 Posts
QUOTE (jwaters943 @ Jul 2 2010, 06:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338429
If my readout is to be trusted, I'm only getting 20mpg in 95% city driving. I'm not impressed at all with city fuel economy thus far. I got 19 in my V6 Genesis sedan (28 on the hwy).
not very impressed with the city mpg also. i drive 95% ciy like you and really concentrate on the live mpg reader to get the most out of it and i still manage only 19-20mpg. i notice even the smallest amount of accel will cause it to go way down. I guess the forte of this car is the great mpg in highway which i do get when i go out in long trips. the hybrid will prob help a lot for city driving but its still not worth buying a hybrid because the cost increase of getting a hybrid negates any money youll save atthe pump for now. im also convinced not being able to coast as long in this car makes me use the accel more. i get a light enging brake when slowing down while coasting at 46mph. 35mph, 25mph. my last car a mazda 6 auto was able to coast at this one block because it was a slight downhill...not only did it maintain speed but increased going down. the sonata on that same road will slow down and when it reaches 35 there is an engine brake which makes it lose a lot of momentum and quickly reaches 25 and just crawls to a stop 3/4 way down. really do not like this about the car but everything else is great besides that cheap part they use to keep the sun shades.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Im averaging 26-28 City. That's here on Long Island where the Long Island Expressway is stop and go. I drive 40 miles to work each day and it takes me about an hour.

However, if I stay late at work and drive home when traffic clears, I drive about 70 the entire ride and I usually average 35-37[attachment=19301:photo.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
QUOTE (grcguy @ Jul 2 2010, 07:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338422
I'm getting about 27mpg around town in a 70/30 city highway.
Same here, although I only have around 350 miles on my baby. :)
I will fill it up this evening when I get out of work on my way home.

Update - After filling the car for the first time after purchase it showed 32mpg for two days until this morning I drove to work.28mpg

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got mine last Friday and have driven about 100 miles so far, all city, and trip computer is saying 20.8 with the eco light only going off at stops. The wrangler I had before this got about 12mpg driving same trip and my Ridgeline before that about 16.5. Surprisingly, the 05 Accord before the Ridgeline was averaging 23 and I drove it pretty hard. I assumed the Sonata would do better based on reviews.

·
Registered
29 Posts
QUOTE (Mobile11 @ Jul 9 2010, 04:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=340331
I got mine last Friday and have driven about 100 miles so far, all city, and trip computer is saying 20.8 with the eco light only going off at stops. The wrangler I had before this got about 12mpg driving same trip and my Ridgeline before that about 16.5. Surprisingly, the 05 Accord before the Ridgeline was averaging 23 and I drove it pretty hard. I assumed the Sonata would do better based on reviews.

Give it time. As the car breaks in, your gas mileage will improve. Once I got about 1500 miles on the car, my mpg increased quite a bit

1 - 20 of 27 Posts