Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know the one that says the charging system needs to be checked out. Well I took it to my local Hyundai and the tech got the codes BM25xxx. I don't recall the exact codes, but he basically said it was the junction box for the rear left and right turn signals. He said that the aftermarket HID system is drawing too much power and is tripping the junction box. He mentioned something about CANBUS system also. I bought the xenonsupply ballast which had the CANBUS feature built in. I will take it off for now and see if the light comes back. Will suck if it doesn't cause the HID seems to be great. Only weird thing is the light came on after I dropped my kids off to school. I had the lights set to off so there is no way the headlights (no DRLs on) could have drawn power, but the codes were there and the notes showed the junction for the rear turn signals. Any other thoughts? Car drives fine and charges fine just the light.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Did you run the power for the ballasts through a separate relay as recommended by Xenonsupply? Or are you powering them through the headlight connection?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Are you drawing power from the battery cable post at the junction box? The gold one on the left - not the silver one one the right that runs to the HPCU? The ballasts draw 35W each, 70W total or a little under 6 amps which is the same as the OEM halogens. Although they do have a short "spike" at start up where they draw more than that. Maybe a faulty ballast?

Has the wrench light come back on since the dealer cleared the code?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I actually used that thread on the XS post and used the gold post and the ground spots. Weird cause I have had the kit for well over 6 mos and no problem. If it lights up again and throws the same code Ill contact XS as it maybe a bad/going bad ballast. Thanks for the help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts