Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
lmao... true. Not as often as a huge SUV, but still only 20-27 MPG, except 100% highway with no traffic at all: 36 MPG... most inconsistent car ever award.

·
Registered
515 Posts
that's a cool commercial... Our car really does (did) have great fuel efficiency for 2007 but today 2010 there are so many smaller entry cars with 30+ city/hw fuel efficiency that it really does suck hyundai hasn't improved the base fuel consumption (not withstanding the stripped of options accent blue)...
btw... this commercial is still my favorite for the accent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQRqp7MEeQM

·
Registered
810 Posts
It boggles my mind that people are obsessive about the fuel mileage on these cars. It costs me 34 bucks to fill up this car from nearly empty currently and even driving it hard, like I do, I still manage to get 500km a tank out of it. To me, that's still fantastic. I don't care what the actual mileage is and don't even care to find out.

No offense, but if you're that poor that you can't afford an extra couple bucks that say 600km a tank would get you, why do you own a car? People get angry over literally a dollar's difference in mileage and I can't help but laugh at them because at the end of the day, you're still paying half of what most other people in other classes are paying to fill up their tank to get "similar mileage" per tank. It's not worth being upset about unless it's truly terrible, terrible mileage but if that were the case then it's usually a result of something physically being wrong with the car that can/should be corrected under warranty.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (Naky @ Jun 14 2010, 10:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333054
It boggles my mind that people are obsessive about the fuel mileage on these cars. It costs me 34 bucks to fill up this car from nearly empty currently and even driving it hard, like I do, I still manage to get 500km a tank out of it. To me, that's still fantastic. I don't care what the actual mileage is and don't even care to find out.

No offense, but if you're that poor that you can't afford an extra couple bucks that say 600km a tank would get you, why do you own a car? People get angry over literally a dollar's difference in mileage and I can't help but laugh at them because at the end of the day, you're still paying half of what most other people in other classes are paying to fill up their tank to get "similar mileage" per tank. It's not worth being upset about unless it's truly terrible, terrible mileage but if that were the case then it's usually a result of something physically being wrong with the car that can/should be corrected under warranty.

Maybe thats fine for you paying 0.755 cents per litre of gas... In Toronto its pretty well $1.00/litre and even hire in other areas like Montreal etc...
The issue here isn't monetary in terms of not being able to afford anything... It simply comes down to having a car perform as advertised.

The car was advertised to get GREAT mileage and that its "smart" on gas.... Do you like to buy products that don't do what they're supposed to? Do you buy a toaster that does nothing? Do you buy a TV that displays no picture? ... A radio that plays no sound? Rather when your spending in the tens of thousands of dollars (as anyone would expect) the car should be able to come close to its advertised fuel economy estimates. In fact there are cars out there that out perform their EPA estimates easily. Now when I get 11L/100km and thats driving normally (IE not stomping on the gas or flooring it) ((<-- please read again thats NOT driving hard)) thats beyond acceptable. When I mentioned it to Hyundai the service department told me that no one would ever come close to achieving the listed epa estimates because of 'road conditions'. In fact they also tried to convince me that 11L/100km is good! and that 350km to a tank is good. With just hwy driving the car has only seen the best of 7.2L/100km while it is advertised at 5.5.

So thank you for taking this purely jokes thread making light of Hyundai's ads and turning into another mileage rant.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Steering this *ahem* de-railment back on track...
LOVE this commercial
Love it even more because it features my favourite 'colours' of black, white, more black, and more white

Even though I despise 4doors I would consider a 2011 Sonata.. Of course it would have to be in either black or white with dark tinted windows as shown above....

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (bloodninja @ Jun 14 2010, 01:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=332919
lmao... true. Not as often as a huge SUV, but still only 20-27 MPG, except 100% highway with no traffic at all: 36 MPG... most inconsistent car ever award.
LOL no kidding.. Its like a yo-yo to me..... high - low -high - low .......

QUOTE (ausom accent 9 @ Jun 14 2010, 03:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=332947
So true...laugh everytime I see that commercial....she's a good liar :grin:
LOL well she may not be lying, maybe she doesn't go often for other reasons... I mean why is she out of the kitchen in the first place? :unsure:
(completely joking :p for those that may take me as serious )

QUOTE (Sleeper @ Jun 14 2010, 06:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333007
that's a cool commercial... Our car really does (did) have great fuel efficiency for 2007 but today 2010 there are so many smaller entry cars with 30+ city/hw fuel efficiency that it really does suck hyundai hasn't improved the base fuel consumption (not withstanding the stripped of options accent blue)...
btw... this commercial is still my favorite for the accent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQRqp7MEeQM
I still like the photoshopped shark commercial too... When I first viewed it I was like woahhhh... then I got it more afterwards :p

QUOTE (mpfive @ Jun 14 2010, 10:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333056
REJECTED!!!!!!
*sigh* LOL

·
Registered
810 Posts
QUOTE (lv_3600 @ Jun 14 2010, 11:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333098
Maybe thats fine for you paying 0.755 cents per litre of gas... In Toronto its pretty well $1.00/litre and even hire in other areas like Montreal etc...
The issue here isn't monetary in terms of not being able to afford anything... It simply comes down to having a car perform as advertised.

The car was advertised to get GREAT mileage and that its "smart" on gas.... Do you like to buy products that don't do what they're supposed to? Do you buy a toaster that does nothing? Do you buy a TV that displays no picture? ... A radio that plays no sound? Rather when your spending in the tens of thousands of dollars (as anyone would expect) the car should be able to come close to its advertised fuel economy estimates. In fact there are cars out there that out perform their EPA estimates easily. Now when I get 11L/100km and thats driving normally (IE not stomping on the gas or flooring it) ((<-- please read again thats NOT driving hard)) thats beyond acceptable. When I mentioned it to Hyundai the service department told me that no one would ever come close to achieving the listed epa estimates because of 'road conditions'. In fact they also tried to convince me that 11L/100km is good! and that 350km to a tank is good. With just hwy driving the car has only seen the best of 7.2L/100km while it is advertised at 5.5.

So thank you for taking this purely jokes thread making light of Hyundai's ads and turning into another mileage rant.
Oh no, 1 dollar! I pay 90 cents even here in the heart of Alberta. The difference is still negligible. I won't get into it, because quite frankly there are so many factors that affect mileage and it's wholly dependent on the driver to realize them and keep on top of them/prevent them, which is why dealerships will always shrug their shoulders to people who complain about the mileage. All I'm saying is, the end dollar amount is nothing to get angry about - especially when you think about how much you're still paying compared to others at the end of the day. Want something cheaper for better mileage? You won't find it, because you'll have to spend at least twice the amount of money you spent on the Accent to get it. If you want to make yourself feel better, just pull up to any pump and see what the poor sucker before you had to pay for his 70l tank and laugh when you realize that you'll be able to fill up your car two times and a half for the same mileage he probably gets.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
I dunno.. All I'm sayin is if I can drive a 265 HP Impreza WRX and get 18/25... or drive a 2008 Accent and get 22/27 (as I have been averaging for the last 1.5 years), I'd take the obvious choice. The ratio of 'dollars per fun' is much better with the former, even if the overall MPG is lower.

Anyway, go Hyundai :) lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts