Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've just come back from holiday in N.C to a nice voicemail from my local dealer, to say our Santa Fe is now on the ship and will be with us earlier than planned! Amazing I thought, but then I had a second message from him, to say the factory had updated the system with another dealers orders and that our car was yet to be built, dam I thought!

Today I gave him a call and he has been informed from the factory that the car is now built, and the ship is due to leave on the 12th September and will take 6-8 weeks to arrive at the dealer, our original delivery date was 1st oct but were now looking at mid Nov but have agreed to take delivery 1st Dec.

Whelst on holiday we stopped in to a Hyundai dealer in N.C as they had a SF close to the spec we have ordered here in the UK as there aren't any here to view, and we were both plesntly supprised at how nice the Phantom Black, Beige/Brown combo worked. They also mentioned it was 4 month wait in the US for a factory order, better than the 6-7 month wait in the UK.

·
Registered
237 Posts
So I've just come back from holiday in N.C to a nice voicemail from my local dealer, to say our Santa Fe is now on the ship and will be with us earlier than planned! Amazing I thought, but then I had a second message from him, to say the factory had updated the system with another dealers orders and that our car was yet to be built, dam I thought!

Today I gave him a call and he has been informed from the factory that the car is now built, and the ship is due to leave on the 12th September and will take 6-8 weeks to arrive at the dealer, our original delivery date was 1st oct but were now looking at mid Nov but have agreed to take delivery 1st Dec.

Whelst on holiday we stopped in to a Hyundai dealer in N.C as they had a SF close to the spec we have ordered here in the UK as there aren't any here to view, and we were both plesntly supprised at how nice the Phantom Black, Beige/Brown combo worked. They also mentioned it was 4 month wait in the US for a factory order, better than the 6-7 month wait in the UK.
Question for you....I know some people custom order their cars and they come from the factory, but I have always bought off the dealer's lot. I have always thought that dealers will not negotiate, or not negotiate as much, on cars that are ordered from the factory versus bought off the lot.

Did you find that to be the case?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Question for you....I know some people custom order their cars and they come from the factory, but I have always bought off the dealer's lot. I have always thought that dealers will not negotiate, or not negotiate as much, on cars that are ordered from the factory versus bought off the lot.

Absolutely not. I ordered my last two cars and got fantastic deals (my 2009 Highlander and my 2013 Santa Fe XL). When a dealer orders, they don't have inventory costs - car comes in, delivered to buyer and done. I suspect that there is even greater incentive to put in an order if the vehicle is in high demand and and they want to keep what they have on the lot for those that will not wait, thus boosting volume. The opposite might be true if there is tons of inventory that is not moving quickly...you might be able to get a much better deal on something on the lot simply 'cause they want to clear inventory.

Anyway, I got a fantastic deal (way more than I expected) on my XL even though the model had only been out a few weeks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Yes, the dealers in the UK are not offering deals so its full sticker, how ever I did get a deal, but that was through the Hyundai Affinity Program offering employe deals to those company's who are registered with the program.
For us we got just under £3k discount that allowed for us to get the highest spec Premium SE for less than the Premium model.

As for the dealers inventory, all,they keep is a demo model and used stock, due to the limited demand in the UK Hyundai won't let the dealers order stock inventory, this has been said by all the dealers I have spoken to and even a family friend who works for one of the biggest dealers in the UK.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
So the Hyundai UK Affinity Scheme is open again on Santa Fe? It was withdrawn on 2013 SF when the shortages became apparent but they did honour deals done during the launch fortnight in October 2012, although most were subsequently cancelled as potential customers went elsewhere.

It's not demand that's limited in the UK, it's the supply!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry I meant supply!

Yes the Affinity deal for the Santa FE came back in June when we ordered the car, the dealer did day he was surprised they were offering it again and it would only be a matter of time before they stopped it again, but it's still there on the list.

We also got our order in just before the price increase.

G

·
It always amazes me when I go into a dealership that stocks 1000 to 1500 new vehicles. I know rates are really low right now, but still, the monthly interest expense on holding an inventory that size has to be daunting. many years ago the area's largest Chevy dealer for many years had around 2000 new vehicles in stock at any given time. Then an econmic slow down came. I read in the paper that this dealer had missed 3 months of interest on his inventory. GM repo'd every vehicle and took every single one off his huge lot in a gigantic one night swoop. The dealer went belly up the next day, and the rest, as they say, is history.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts