Hyundai Forums banner

snaped broken e-brake help!

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Red Raspberry 
#1 ·
hey guys my son's car 2010 miata mx5 he snapped his e brake yesterday after using it its sitting in gear chalked at whheels how hard to swap out old cables?? anyone no??

#2 ·
On a 2010 miata? not sure never done one. i would take it to a shop usually with E-brake cables one will break on one side still leaving you with one brake cable working on the other side rear of the car. unless both broke? if they did you have no Parking brakes. to hold the car this is a 5 speed stick?

#5 ·
Has it been confirmed what broke? Just wondering , may be just the one cable, maybe both, maybe the handbrake lever cable to the load spreader.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Vehicle Tire

Also I'd be checking that the E-brake lever at the caliper is functioning correctly and not seized.

Font Cylinder Auto part Metal Bicycle part

This appears to be what you are looking for.

Never owned a mazda but that design also used on other makes.

#7 ·
I replaced the cables on my '08 Accent last year. I only did it because I could not get the old ones out of the backing plate and I needed new backing plates. I have brake drums.

If your hub end of the cable is all plastic you can probably get it out without too much trouble. From the hub to the actual lever was actually quite easy.

On my rear hubs the hub, backing plate and cable end were all one mass of rusted together steel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.