Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed engine filter And cabin filter And sometimes when AC blows i can smell some sort of odor i live in phoenix az so theres no humidity. Not sure what to do..

·
Registered
920 Posts
It’s normal due to mold/bacteria build up, a good way to help is to crank up the heat/fan prior to shut off the vehicle even in summertime to dry up the moisture. Or you can buy a AC kit that spray into the AC condenser, I did this in my previous Kia Optima as the smell was really bad and it came out nice. Don’t remember the exact name but if you search on YouTube it will pop up.
Another good and cheap alternative option is to buy Lysol spray and spray it into the vents at the bottom of the windshield and let it run. Again Youtube is your friend and I will do that to my SF very soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its been 100 every day pretty much. So ac has been running at almost full speed every time i drive. I will give that spray a try

·
Registered
920 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Sorry I might have worded it wrong. If I remember correctly you have to locate the drain hose at the bottom of the vehicle and spray the super long tube that comes with the kit into the drain hose, the foams will then evaporate and killing molds/bacteria that are trap in the AC.
Or do the cheap way and just spray Lysol into the vents as shown in the Youtube video.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Your welcome

·
Registered
86 Posts
I use Fram FreshBreeze cabin air filter

I haven't noticed a big difference, but the price is about the same as other cabin air filters and every little bit might help your situation.

My daughter uses an automatic air freshener in her musty Mazda 3. She keeps it in her cupholder and it squirts a spray every 5-10 minutes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts