Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

When using the A/C in my wife’s 2012 Hyundai Santefe GLS there is a moldy smell. I’ve owned many cars and have never had this problem. I did some research but I’m not seeing any practical fixes. I replaced the cabin filter, run vents without A/C before leaving the car, etc. Has anyone been able to resolve the problem?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my 2012 Kia Sedona. Did you buy your car used, and somebody else made it smell? Or did you buy it new and it just got progressively smellier? In my car I removed a really nasty cabin filter, and it helped a lot, but it's still not satisfactory. I think the previous owners were using some sort of "car freshener" thing perhaps. Presently I'm cooking my car in the hot Florida sun to see if that helps.

·
Registered
882 Posts
There's kind of thing called universal carbon filter from Walmart, cut a piece and paste it on your cabin air filter, which can last for a long time

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Make sure the condensate drain is clear. This drains the condensed moisture from the pan under the evaporator coil, that cools the air, outside the car under the cabin. If water stays in the pan long enough, yucky stuff grows there.

Reactions: mt_net
1 - 4 of 4 Posts