Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 Tuscon Night (Purchased June 2019, 6k miles): I was pulling into a parking spot a few days ago, and the power steering shut off, and a bunch of lights came on in the dash. I turned the car off, thinking it was just an environmental cause, turned it back on and pulled in to the spot.

Got back into the car trying to leave, and the lights came back on, and I had no power steering. I got lights for all the collision and driver assist systems, such as BCW (lane change?) Forward Collision Detection, Smart Cruise Control, etc. I had to call BlueLink and have the car towed to the dealership.

Both the mechanic and the BlueLink case worker said they had never seen this problem. They said it looks like a catastrophic failure of the SmartSense system. I didn't touch anything for fear of voiding the warranty, so I don't know if this is a fuse, a sensor, or a board failure or what. The mechanic didn't either. He pulled the codes and said he would have to send them to Hyundai for diagnosis. I have not heard anything in a week.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and what the outcome was, maybe I can suggest something to the mechanic (I know he'll love that).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts