Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my neighbor knocks on my door & says my tail & parking lamps are on (& have been all day), I went out & verified, the switch being in the parking (+DLR) position. & I used the key fob to lock the car which shuts off the lights. I've been noting on occasion when rounding a corner with my directionals on& bright lights, when the directionals click auto off after the turn, the bright lights momentarily may go off, but not all the time. Also note when making a lane change the lights may dim momentarily.

It appears there is something flakey in the smart switch, normally I would just get out the contact cleaner & insert the nozzle up in the switch & give it a blast but I see this switch is sealed. Any way to get @ the contacts without disassembling the entire column & disturbing the airbag circuits, & other delicate electronics?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Once again woke up to parking lights on, as long as I leave lights in DRL or off it seems to be ok. 🤔 I had to make a quick exit the night before due to the skunk poking around in the front yard, & didn't set the switch to off, but still used the remote fob to turn off the lights.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts