Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first Hyundai I have had that uses the push button start system. In the past with a key start system I just left the keys in the ignition when taking the car to a car wash or some place where they drove the vehicle.. Now with the Smart Key / push button system, what do you do with the Key Fob and attached keys when you go to a car wash?? Put them in cup holder or someplace else? Just new to me and had to ask.... Hyundai 2015 Santa Fe Sport 2.0t Ultimate..

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Well, if they have to be able to move the vehicle then you need to leave the transmitter. Now once running the vehicle will continue to run until shut off if you walk away with the key. So in theory as long as they do not need to turn off the engine at any point they would not need the transmitter.

·
Registered
785 Posts
The key is only needed to start the car. I've driven my car home miles away after leaving my primary key at a tire shop before, then grabbing my spare key once i got home so I could start my car again the next day (I drive a MT, so I just couldn't stall my car on the way home :) ). The keys can also be removed easily from your keychain by pressing the little button on your fob that releases the keyring from the remote.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts