Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Palisade 2020
Senario 1
Vehicle is unlocked. The ignition if turned off. The lift gate is in a closed position
Pressing and holding the unlock button on the Smart Key, the lift gate raises to an open position.

Senario 2
Vehicle is unlocked. The ignition if turned on with motor running. The lift gate is in a closed position.
Pressing and holding the unlock button on the Smart Key DOES NOTHING.

Called service rep and he was not sure why it not opening. Suggested I push the lock button then the lift gate unlock button. Unsuccessful.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wish I had a suggestion other than taking it to the dealer.
I am a bit confused on both scenarios. If the vehicle is already unlocked, why are you pressing and holding the unlock button on the Smart Key? It should do nothing if already unlocked.
I'll presume you meant to say that pressing and holding the "liftgate button" instead. I tried Scenario 2 to open the lift gate and it worked fine when I pressed the liftgate button.
Not sure if that helps or just contributes to the frustration.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wish I had a suggestion other than taking it to the dealer.
I am a bit confused on both scenarios. If the vehicle is already unlocked, why are you pressing and holding the unlock button on the Smart Key? It should do nothing if already unlocked.
I'll presume you meant to say that pressing and holding the "liftgate button" instead. I tried Scenario 2 to open the lift gate and it worked fine when I pressed the liftgate button.
Not sure if that helps or just contributes to the frustration.
Sorry I should have written it was the lift gate unlock button - guess it is dealer time

1 - 3 of 3 Posts