Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Changing a fuel pump is an expensive task. There should be a fuel pressure access point on the fuel rail and an inexpensive gauge can be used to monitor the fuel pressure when the engine is running. I would do this test before changing the pump. If you do have to change the pump, most people suggest using a quality [expensive] unit.
unfortunately there is no check valve on tiburon fuel rail and it needs some special adapter to check fuel rail pressure
i don't want to change fuel pump assembly. just want to change electric motor inside. because i think everything include fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator and sending unit is ok. i just want to know what kind of fuel pump should i use?clearly how much fuel flow rate do i need for this v6 2.7 liter engine?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
13,701 Posts
unfortunately there is no check valve on tiburon fuel rail and it needs some special adapter to check fuel rail pressure
Sounds like the Tiburon is just like every other Hyundai model. You can buy an inexpensive gauge but you need an expensive adaptor to use it. And it's a lot of money to spend for a one-off test. Especially when the O2 voltages aren't suggesting there is anything wrong with the fuel pressure. Personally, I wouldn't be replacing the pump either if the O2 voltages are normal like you say.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Sounds like the Tiburon is just like every other Hyundai model. You can buy an inexpensive gauge but you need an expensive adaptor to use it. And it's a lot of money to spend for a one-off test. Especially when the O2 voltages aren't suggesting there is anything wrong with the fuel pressure. Personally, I wouldn't be replacing the pump either if the O2 voltages are normal like you say.
so after all of this part change and problem persist what can i do?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
13,701 Posts
so after all of this part change and problem persist what can i do?
Seek professional help.
What you should not do is replace yet another random part hoping that the fault will just go away. That is clearly the wrong way to deal with the problem.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
after all tonight i have changed electric fuel pump and it solved problem
i didn't have hard cold start problem
no hesitation or stall
no rough idle
not even problem with reach high speeds
just sluggish acceleration
end of story

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
Put the fuel pressure gauge on the windscreen and you would see pressure drop as you apply throttle. That will tell you the pump is not able to keep up with demand.

·
Registered
2007 tiburon gt 6 speed limited
4 Posts
hi everyone
it's 2007 v6
6 speed manual with 75000 miles
the problem is:
it doesn't accelerate as it should except sometimes for a short while
unfortunately it doesn't throw any code at all
i have changed ignition coil last night but with no improvement
it doesn't misfire, stall, jerk, hesitation or anything else
sometimes when i restart engine it accelerate prefect but just for a short time like 10 minutes
i don't know what to do after change o2 sensors, fuel filter, maf sensor, crankshaft position sensor and now ignition coil all with oem ones
fuel trims are about 1.6 to 3.6 rich for both banks that means engine have enough fuel
every one can help me i will do anything for him because now it's a nightmare
Check the timing belt, It could be so much of a hair off.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts