Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Sonata 2.0 CRTD which is very slow from a standing start. Once the turbo 'kicks-in' is is fine and when travelling at speed the acceleration is great. I have tried various fuel filter and exhaust cleaners added to the fuel tank, without success? When about a year old, Hyundai did an update to the electronics which helped, however, lately it has got much worse? I now avoid doing right hand turns because of the slow start, even when the engine is hot! Can anyone help? Colin.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was just about to buy a 2015 Sonata Sport 2.4L. But from a standstill... it really does not go... once it hits 2nd gear. its quick, but before its like im not pedal to medal..ing. Wonder if it's related...

-Ben

·
Registered
416 Posts
I was just about to buy a 2015 Sonata Sport 2.4L. But from a standstill... it really does not go... once it hits 2nd gear. its quick, but before its like im not pedal to medal..ing. Wonder if it's related...
I don’t think it’s related because if you put the ‘15 in sport mode it will be quick from a standstill as well. It’s an artificial lag to help fuel economy. Eco mode makes it even worse.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,326 Posts
Wonder if it's related...
I don’t think it’s related because the OP has a 2.0 turbo diesel engine and your car has a 2.4 naturally aspirated petrol engine. Two completely different engines and management systems.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I totally had it in sport tho!...
Oh well, then I can’t say why. When I test drove a 2.4L Limited it was a pig in Eco mode from a stop, a bit better in normal and a lot better in Sport mode. Still wasn’t as nice as the Sport 2.0T Ultimate I drove right after though... and then bought :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2006 Sonata 2.0 CRTD which is very slow from a standing start. Once the turbo 'kicks-in' is is fine and when travelling at speed the acceleration is great. I have tried various fuel filter and exhaust cleaners added to the fuel tank, without success? When about a year old, Hyundai did an update to the electronics which helped, however, lately it has got much worse? I now avoid doing right hand turns because of the slow start, even when the engine is hot! Can anyone help? Colin.
Hi Colin I have the same issue and replaced nearly all parts regarding air intake including turbo without luck. It seems to be something in engine but have no idea what. Have you found some solution? Thank you Jan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts