Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The slip indicator light is activating randomly when i am driving in clear weather on dry surface. First time i was traveling 60mph on the highway slightly turning right. It blinked and i felt the ABS activating. It repeated one more time and then stopped. The next day i was traveling 20 mph on a city street, The light blinked and i felt the ABS activate. This time it happened 4 times in a row. I brought the car to Hyundai dealership today and they said they performed all tests and did not receive any codes or find any issues. My car is a 2016 Hyundai accent SE and has 27,000 miles on it. Any ideas!?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Have you looked at your tires lately? The original tires only last until about 30,000. I had a bad strut on the right side and alignment was out of whack due to a bad bump I had. Both tires on that side were completely bald when I looked at them at around 28,0000. I was on a road trip and thought they would last the whole trip. I just happened to bend down to pick up something and caught a glimpse of one of them. Scared the crap out of me. Even with the bad strut and alignment problems, the car handled fine. I never noticed if the slip light had come on at any time as I am usually looking at the road (I use cruise control a lot so don't need to check the speedometer that often).

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
The slip indicator light is activating randomly when i am driving in clear weather on dry surface. First time i was traveling 60mph on the highway slightly turning right. It blinked and i felt the ABS activating. It repeated one more time and then stopped. The next day i was traveling 20 mph on a city street, The light blinked and i felt the ABS activate. This time it happened 4 times in a row. I brought the car to Hyundai dealership today and they said they performed all tests and did not receive any codes or find any issues. My car is a 2016 Hyundai accent SE and has 27,000 miles on it. Any ideas!?
Probably need tires. If you get new tires and still have the problem take to the dealer and let them handle it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts