Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced 4 dunlop tires after only 19k miles, casual driver, being told tires are soft and no reason as to why? after replacing tires I am getting a slight drift to the right and after alignment my castor is .02 degrees off and no adjustments at this time, claims Tires Plus, per hyundai specs any info as to what to do??

·
Registered
2 Posts
QUOTE (drummer1 @ Jun 22 2010, 01:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335271
I just replaced 4 dunlop tires after only 19k miles, casual driver, being told tires are soft and no reason as to why? after replacing tires I am getting a slight drift to the right and after alignment my castor is .02 degrees off and no adjustments at this time, claims Tires Plus, per hyundai specs any info as to what to do??
Hi I manage a auto repair shop & .02 degrees is not enough to make your car pull, odds are that you have a new tire causing your pull. You need to find a tire store that has a hunter road force machine to balance your tires, this machine can measure the pull of each tire as well as to where to mount them on the car for the smoothest ride or least amout of pull.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2010 Genesis 4.6 and also replaced the tires and am getting a drift to the right. Dealer claims it is the tires fault. Michelin, producer of the replacement tires, tried several other tires including the Michelin OEM tire and it still drifted to the right. Tires were rotated and changed and it made no difference which tire was on the right front, it still drifted. Dealer has aligned twice but can not solve the problem with the tires I purchased (Michelin Sport A/S Plus) The dealer claims it is the tire's fault that it drifts. The replacement tires are at least twice as good as the terrible Dunlop tires. It holds the road well enough that it highlights the problem.

Didn't know about the Hunter Force Machine and will try to locate one in my area.

Had to make a long trip before I could get the Michelin tires tested and a tire person I talked to recommended putting an extra 10 to 15 lbs of air pressure in the right front tire as a temporary help. It reduced the drift to a more manageable level, but doesn't cure the problem.

Does anyone else out there have a suggestion or solution?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I checked the tires by the dealer who put on the new tires and they tried changing the tires around but still no luck. They double checked the tire pressure and balance. Still pulled to right consistently. The tire dealer had new Michelin OEM (tires size that comes on new Genesis) tires put on and still pulls to right. They reported the results to the Michelin company in Canada. I provided the results to the Hyundai dealer. The Hyundai dealer has now had the vehicle in three times and has not been able to get the pull to the right out according to their Service manager. I think a Manufacturing rep will check on it tomorrow.

So far the following has been eliminated as a cause: tire pressure, tire location, alignment, type of tire. I am running out of things to eliminate. Any ideas?

Thanks to those that responded to my original thread.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Does the V8 have electric, hydraulic, or electro-hydraulic steering? If electric, that could be the culprit. If not, it's got to be the tires and/or balancing issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts