Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think the new SFS and SF have the best exterior styling in the SUV/CUV category to date - - they did an excellent job.

One thing I really like about the SFS is the 'rear' style line which arcs over the rear wheel well and just over the rear passenger door handle. The line complements the tapering body-side style line nicely.

The only thing that seems slightly 'off' with the SF LWB is that same 'rear' style line..... because on the SF LWB, it doesn't arc appreciably higher than the body-side style line, yet it is close to; but not quite in alignment to the body-side style line, which makes it not work quite as well as the SFS.

Does that make sense? Just for fun, I tweaked the rear style-line to see how it might change the appearance. It's not perfect, but I quickly Photoshopped it just to see how they might compare.

I think it gives it a slightly more aggressive look - much like the SFS... I'm sure a *real* automotive designer could pull this off much better....

Just wondered what you thought... maybe a little more 'literal' Azera and SFS look in the rear, with the style-line arcing slightly over the door handle....plus, the more accentuated 'arc' over the door handle helps visually shorten the vehicle so it doesn't look quite so long.

I am showing the original first and the modified version to the right. Have a great evening.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have to say I think the styling on the XL is perfect as it is. The lines are bang on and well proportioned. If anything its the SFS that has the fugly back end. I really hate the look of the "triangle" window. The styling of the XL is little more mature and will age better than the Sport.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a darn good looking unit - no question. It's superficial for sure, but I like the profile lines of the SFS better. The only other thing is that I do like the 3 wider chrome grille bars better on the SFS than the 5 thin bars on the SF - - - but again, no deal breaker - both are exceptionally well done automotive design. And the extra space you get with the SF is fantastic! Love that part for sure.

·
Registered
418 Posts
It's a darn good looking unit - no question. It's superficial for sure, but I like the profile lines of the SFS better. The only other thing is that I do like the 3 wider chrome grille bars better on the SFS than the 5 thin bars on the SF - - - but again, no deal breaker - both are exceptionally well done automotive design. And the extra space you get with the SF is fantastic! Love that part for sure.
I agree about the grill.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I agree with badbird...profile of the XL is perfect. When I first saw it, it reminded me a great deal of the Q7. Also agree that the rear quarter window of the SFS has always bothered me....something about the way it slopes up.

I do like the tail light shape of the SFS better than the XL...they are a bit more aggressive. That said, I much prefer the surface emitting LED tails of the XL over the individual LED of the SFS.

It's funny, because I really do not like the "flat" portion of the grill on the SFS. Reminded me alot of Ford styling. That has always turned me off. Goes to show, different strokes....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts