Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they exist? Haha. I just searched the forum up and down and can not find anything. The lowest i can find are the INTRAX springs that do a 1.8" drop.

Attached is an example of what i am going for(or close to it)

Thanks
Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
I know that this thread is about aesthetic mods for the accent, but is there any performance benefit for lowering the SE model? (The base models aside). The SE holds to the ground pretty well and can be slid or spun without any real tipping going on. Sure it's a lower center of gravity, but how much better does the car react to lowering?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (omg grip @ May 22 2010, 05:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=325358
kfx performance has a coilover kit but i dont think anyone has shelled out the money for it yet.

where are you in va?
****, those coilovers run 1400 bucks. Yikes. Im in Fairfax VA which is near DC. Looks like we have the same car.. mine is maroon as well.

Thanks for all the replies. Looks like its gonna be intrax for now till i can find ssomething better. Anyone have pics of their accent lowered on them?

·
Registered
515 Posts
very cool...I live in fairfax too... Northern Va meet anytime soon????

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
IIRC, SMA and other similar coilovers only drop 60mm (2.36") Hardly dumped. These coilovers aren't meant to drop the car to the ground either.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
actually I did... But it only took a couple hundred pounds of sound dampener :X

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
the max i could lower the car was 3 on the front and 3.5 on the back. Of course the ride was like S*** but it looked good..and that was it, it only looked good. I raised the front .6 and the back 1.1

·
Registered
6 Posts
Im interested in seeing a lowered accent myself on reliable springs. Alittle less wheel gap would be nice but I'd like to see it first. BTW, I'm also from SoMd so a NoVa meetup would be awesome this summer.

·
Registered
763 Posts
QUOTE (LePapirrikY @ May 27 2010, 09:08 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=326847
the max i could lower the car was 3 on the front and 3.5 on the back. Of course the ride was like S*** but it looked good..and that was it, it only looked good. I raised the front .6 and the back 1.1

so were you pretty **** low?

because its either cut springs for me or coils

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
This is how i looked before.

I was able to lower it a little bit more in the front but then i raised it up for the autocross.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts