Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
even though it clocks in bigger than the camry, it kinda looks smaller to me.

and even though it clocks in longer than the acura RSX, it looks smaller to me.

but then I see the YF sonata to be the same size as the 2006 benz e320 but the
benz e320 clocks in 3 inch longer.

looks same size as accord but accord is 3 inches longer.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I know you don't mean looks wise, but I parked next to a Toyota Solara the other day and they were eerily similar from the windshield forward. Same hood design, headlights looked the same and even the grill. I'm really glad they don't look anything alike from the back.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the solar may have the headlights stretch all the way back but the lines don't make sense.

notice how the sonata headlights are a result of the hood and fender lines, notice how all the the bumper and hood lines all flow up.....the solara has nothing like that.

QUOTE (Mobile11 @ Aug 9 2010, 09:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=348297
I know you don't mean looks wise, but I parked next to a Toyota Solara the other day and they were eerily similar from the windshield forward. Same hood design, headlights looked the same and even the grill. I'm really glad they don't look anything alike from the back.

·
Registered
854 Posts
yup i've seen solaras from afar and I think they are sonatas till I see them closer.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow to say the yf looks like solara is almost an insult to the hyndai designers and defeats the design philosophy completely.

the solara coupe must be the most choppy design of all, the lines don't match and there is no theme to it. you guys have a yf, at least realize what the design theme is. fluidic sculpture is not just a lame marketing gimic, u can see the intention in the yf design.

do u not notice how the edge of the hood flows into the grille, which then makes up the top portion of the headlamp ? do u not notice how the hood looks like it's "double stacked" with the fender chrome garnish that seperates the two panels ? and the front bumper, do u not notice how it rakes downward following the flow of lines? this theme is then continued with the two hood creases that start from hood and flow into the grille ?

·
Registered
854 Posts
QUOTE (mayasonata @ Aug 10 2010, 12:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=348422
wow to say the yf looks like solara is almost an insult to the hyndai designers and defeats the design philosophy completely.

the solara coupe must be the most choppy design of all, the lines don't match and there is no theme to it. you guys have a yf, at least realize what the design theme is. fluidic sculpture is not just a lame marketing gimic, u can see the intention in the yf design.

do u not notice how the edge of the hood flows into the grille, which then makes up the top portion of the headlamp ? do u not notice how the hood looks like it's "double stacked" with the fender chrome garnish that seperates the two panels ? and the front bumper, do u not notice how it rakes downward following the flow of lines along with the two creaseds that start from hood and flow into the grille ?
It's a matter of opinion and perception.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if you have a chance, take a look at the lexus 2006+ GS or even the ES and then take a look at the yf sonata. All of the sudden the GS and ES look dated, old and boring. That's how I know something has been taken to a different level in terms of design.

QUOTE (eyecue @ Aug 10 2010, 12:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=348426
It's a matter of opinion and perception.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts