Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well called Sirius xm today to cancel my service. Its due to renew in January $104.66
I was hoping to get a better deal.I was offered 5 months for $25 which on the face of it sounds good but I did not want to be calling them again in 5 months.
So I declined that offer and asked for a deal for a longer period. At that point they went ahead and cancelled my service!
Oh well, I guess I can live without it lol

·
Registered
418 Posts
yeah, I got the $25 for six months offer and said give me $50 for a year...well, they declined.

Would rather lose a customer than make fair deals...

NEVER would I pay full price to stream their low quality music. Shoot, I have netflix for the same price and its unlimited movies [disc and stream]!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, I got the $25 for six months offer and said give me $50 for a year...well, they declined.

Would rather lose a customer than make fair deals...

NEVER would I pay full price to stream their low quality music. Shoot, I have netflix for the same price and its unlimited movies [disc and stream]!
I agree! I for one was getting tired of the same routine
(haggling) every renewal time.
To be honest if they had offered SIX months @25 I probably would have taken it.....but not FIVE. As I said I am finding the need to haggle for a fair deal tiring

·
Registered
316 Posts
They called mine, too...in previous years I could find a cheap link, or do some arm wrestling with them; not this past renewal in November.

I looked around their site and found a slightly dumbed down/fewer channels version, which I succumbed/subscribed to.

It's my CEO's car, and she really likes her few stations of Watercolors, Classical, NPR, PGA, et al, so I reloaded it for her.

Yes, the sound quality has eroded over the years, and their biz model obviously allows for cancellations from many. But, the mfg'ers are putting them in nearly every new car built, so I suppose their biz model is working for them, with slightly better profitability.

NEway, the Boss is happy, so 'we' are all happy. ;)
GL, mD

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sat. radio is obviously being run by the same school of greedy beancounters that operate the cable & sat. TV companies. They would rather lose customers than abandon their forced 'packaging' marketing plan, that refuses to supply a la carte service (which really costs them nothing, since broadcasting expenses are already paid) at a fair price. If SIRIUS offered truly unique or specialized music channels (their one & only trad. jazz station plays less guitar jazz than my local free PBS FM station), or if I was a traveling salesman with a deep rural valley territory/route (I hate contemporary country music) with poor FM reception, I would bite the bullet and pay up. Regardless, I refuse to be extorted, so for now I am perfectly content with ONLY free broadcast PBS & NETFLIX TV & radio.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sat. radio is obviously being run by the same school of greedy beancounters that operate the cable & sat. TV companies. They would rather lose customers than abandon their forced 'packaging' marketing plan, that refuses to supply a la carte service (which really costs them nothing, since broadcasting expenses are already paid) at a fair price. If SIRIUS offered truly unique or specialized music channels (their one & only trad. jazz station plays less guitar jazz than my local free PBS FM station), or if I was a traveling salesman with a deep rural valley territory/route (I hate contemporary country music) with poor FM reception, I would bite the bullet and pay up. Regardless, I refuse to be extorted, so for now I am perfectly content with ONLY free broadcast PBS & NETFLIX TV & radio.

well, I received an email from Sirius "wanting me back" and offering the select package at $25 for SIX months (one more month than I was offered over the telephone). So I will chew on this over the weekend......make them wait.
One thing that bugs me is having to go through this song and dance in 6 months time

·
Registered
326 Posts
HAHA! I just did the same thing for my Tucson. Just orderd the $25 six month deal. Now I'll have Sirius till June. After that who knows.
That being said this is my third subscription. I have two other LIFETIME subscriptions that I bought back in 2006 and 2007 for $500 each. Both have proven a good investment years ago! I have one receiver that stays permanently in the house and the other in my Elantra. Oh, and both are the "Pre-FCC" receivers so I can play Sirius anywhere in my house on an FM radio - the FM transmitting signal is that strong!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HAHA! I just did the same thing for my Tucson. Just orderd the $25 six month deal. Now I'll have Sirius till June. After that who knows.
That being said this is my third subscription. I have two other LIFETIME subscriptions that I bought back in 2006 and 2007 for $500 each. Both have proven a good investment years ago! I have one receiver that stays permanently in the house and the other in my Elantra. Oh, and both are the "Pre-FCC" receivers so I can play Sirius anywhere in my house on an FM radio - the FM transmitting signal is that strong!
Those lifetime subscriptions seem like a good deal!
Had no idea you could listen to Sirius on a FM radio......learned something new today ;)
I am sure you know this , however be sure to call them before your 6 month deal expires or they will auto renew you at the full rate!

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Your subscriptions are cheap guys, XM charged me $199.00 for one year, reading how cheap you pay, when they call me to renew I'll say NO

·
22,793 Posts
Don't worry about not having it. They will inundate your phone and your mail box with future offers. Just give them time to go hungry...they know where to eat...your wallets.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've been with Sirius since the early days ... Couldn't really live without it when I first experienced it. But then something else came along - Pandora! Hard to beat that IMO.

So I've been on a 6 months at a time renewal with Sirius ever since. I just make an entry (with phone number, account details) in my calendar to make sure I cancel in time.

Then a few weeks later, I'll get the 'come back' offers. I have no issues paying $50-60 per year, but full retail when there are now plenty of other options - Pass.

Mike in MO

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Which XM package do you have? I am assuming it is not the SELECT package
I don't know, I don't remember them offering me a package.

I've been with Sirius since the early days ... Couldn't really live without it when I first experienced it. But then something else came along - Pandora! Hard to beat that IMO.

So I've been on a 6 months at a time renewal with Sirius ever since. I just make an entry (with phone number, account details) in my calendar to make sure I cancel in time.

Then a few weeks later, I'll get the 'come back' offers. I have no issues paying $50-60 per year, but full retail when there are now plenty of other options - Pass.

Mike in MO
they once told me that if I cancel and want it back later there would be $30.00 subscription fees, I guess that was a lie to keep me with them?

·
Registered
34 Posts

they once told me that if I cancel and want it back later there would be $30.00 subscription fees, I guess that was a lie to keep me with them?
I'm never heard that one, but I know they play a lot with pricing and promotions ... Finance and Marketing types have mortgages to pay too. The best way they could run their business is to offer a quality service at a price the market will bear. Yes, sounds easier than it is of course.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Just got a 6 mos for 29.94 in the mail. My wife's 90 day free trial is coming to an end. I have been doing 6 for 25 for some time now. Did this go away or did it morph into the 6 for 29?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

If you access your xm account online you can see what package you have. Mine was the select package.
That's BS about paying a subscription fee. They offered to "waive that" (how generous) if I came back!
Would bring a tear to a glass eye lol

·
22,793 Posts
That my friend is am old Scottish saying!
Oh, yeah...I nearly forgot. Weren't you supposed to invite me to Scotland for a vacation?Something about payback for a favor I did for you, laddie? LOL

1 - 20 of 25 Posts