Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Elantra SE. I was up at les schwab having my tires checked when I ran over a small amount of glass passing an accident on the road.The salesman mentioned that while they were checking my tires for glass they could sipe my tires, and then he proceeded to tell me all about the benefits of siping, such as more traction, better braking, less tirewear, smoother ride, cool running tires, ect. He told me all the benefits, but neglected to point out the negatives of siping. Things such as less gas mileage because of the tire having more drag on dry payment, more exterior noise, chunking of rubber if used off-road, possibly picking up small sharp rocks in siped groves which may work into the tire and cause a flat, effecting handling. If anyone has had their tires siped please give me some feedback as to how your car performed over the years. I've checked the internet, but everyone has a different opinion, even the experts!! Usually I research things first and then make a final decision, but in this case the benefits sounded so good, that I didn't consider the downside. By the way, the new tire warrenty in voided!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts