Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i've recently been looking at getting a rev limiter for my 1999 Hyundai Coupe F2 Evolution but have noticed that these rev limiters come in two different types, either single coil or twin coil. i am confused as to what one to get as i do not know whether my car has a single coil or twin coil pack, can anyone help me???

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
the reason why nobody has replied to your question is two fold, 1, they have not read your post or 2 they don't know the answer.

however this is easy to check for yourself. lift the bonnet and look at your plug leads. do all four leads run from the spark plugs to a single coil pack or are there two seperate coil packs for each pair of plug leads (in this case the two coil packs would be fitted on the spark plugs themselfs)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found out that it was twin coil so i got a twin coil rev limiter, only to find out that my car has a positive earth system when trying to fit it so it wouldn't work, as no rev limiters work on a positive earth system :( does anybody know absolutely anyway of converting the earths to negative?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts