Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My click sound is inconsistent, but typically, it's when I make a hard right or left turn. This being said, there are times I've was making a slow turn and my car still made the click noise. The turn can be a small one while in the lane for the off ramp of the freeway or a sharper turn around the corner. My impression is that when there is more force towards one side of the car, my steering wheel shaft is clicking. I also notice there's a click sound when I turn into a dip like when I drive out of a driveway onto a street that's lower than the driveway. The sound is also typically paired with moderate braking and turning. Someone who was in the car and heard the click and mentioned that it might happen when I make a sudden turn.

The single click is coming from the exterior of my car (I can hear it clearly when my windows are down) and around the engine area. I don't physically feel anything when I hear the click but I'm afraid that something may become an issue in the future. The click is also slowly driving me insane!!!

I've already gone back to my dealership and I bought this car brand new. It started happening almost immediately after I bought the car. When I took it in, they said they tightened a bolt (didn't specify which).

Please help! I've asked so many individuals and they can't think of anything. It's definitely not a CV issue because the car is brand new and the sound is a single click rather than a continuous knocking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I doubt your Service Dept made the best effort to find the cause of the click. Don't drive yourself crazy trying to figure it out. Take it back to the dealer and have them recheck it, tech needs to creep under the car with a vehicle noise stethoscope while another in the car moves the steering left to right. These things can be deceiving. They can also take the exact car from their lot and check to see if it has the same click too. It takes a while so be prepared to leave it for a day but they owe you one already for making you come back!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I too have a similar problem, going up the drive way (with brakes most time) at slow speeds i get a click/knocking noise. It does not happen all the time, might take this form to my local Hyundai dealer and see what they say.

Figured the tech would say he didn't hear anything since its such a quick noise and only happens about 30% of the time.

-happens on turns up drive ways most time with brake applied i think most

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had this problem for a couple of months about a year ago if I cut the wheel on a turn as much as it could go. Problem went away next time I rotated my tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts