Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2009 hyundai sonata GLS I have noticed recently the silver trim around the center of the front bumper grill is starting to bubble and crack. I was wondering if anyone else has this issue.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
QUOTE (crazykeith1 @ Nov 10 2010, 09:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=370516
Hi I have a 2009 hyundai sonata GLS I have noticed recently the silver trim around the center of the front bumper grill is starting to bubble and crack. I was wondering if anyone else has this issue.
Yeah, I noticed the same thing a few weeks ago. The third bar from the top has two rather large areas separating from the grill.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Hey guys, Im sorry to hear about the trims messing up. Its only been how long since you guys got the car?

I had an 09 Sonata but it didnt come with chrome trims on the bumpers so I purchased them for the front and back bumpers at Korean Auto imports for $130. Now i have them laying around here at my job because i purchased the 2010 sonata limited (long story). I'll sell them for $60, If you guys are interested please pm me or leave me a messege.

These are the pix of the chrome bumper molds that I purchased

Attachments

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
QUOTE (No43 @ Nov 10 2010, 02:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=370613
Hey guys, Im sorry to hear about the trims messing up. Its only been how long since you guys got the car?

I had an 09 Sonata but it didnt come with chrome trims on the bumpers so I purchased them for the front and back bumpers at Korean Auto imports for $130. Now i have them laying around here at my job because i purchased the 2010 sonata limited (long story). I'll sell them for $60, If you guys are interested please pm me or leave me a messege.

These are the pix of the chrome bumper molds that I purchased
It is just the grill that is messing up. I'm not a big fan of chrome in the first place, so thanks but no thanks to your offer. In fact I'm searching eBay to find a replacement grill without all the gaudy chrome that doesn't also make the car look like it is a Buick. :p

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Well, I cheaped out and got my grill replaced for free under warranty today, saving me over $200 parts/labor at the Hyundai dealer. Seems that the magnesium chloride that is used around here on the winter roads causes the chrome to separate from the plastic. This appears to be a one time replacement due to the cause of this issue but since I'm at 32K now doubt it will reoccur before bumper-to-bumper runs out. The service guy said that Honda has a one-time replacement policy on their grills for the same reason. When it does happen again, I will probably buy a replacement or upgrade grill off the internet and do the labor myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts