Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am considering to buy an Accent.
Just wondering about one thing. The side door protectors/moldings on the sedan, are they glued or clipsed? Have anyone removed thoose?

Tried to find information on it on the Internet but with no success. :confused:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I believe glue. I have really ugly silver wheel arch and door moldings, will remove them in a couple weeks when I have a free weekend and can get other things taken care of at the same time. When I bought the car I should have asked the dealer to take them off (got used from dealer), stupid me!

·
Super Moderator
3,825 Posts
They are most definitely clipped on. There are square holes throughout the doors for the clips. And the front fender also has a hole where the side turn signal repeater would be, if equipped.

They may be ugly and especially awkward being mounted up so high, but they do a great job at protecting the side of the car from careless people.

·
Registered
128 Posts
oh yeah come to think of it, the ones the op referred to probably clip. Mine definitely glue, they run along the very edge of the arch.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
They are clipped on the ends have all blue clips and the strip has white flat circle pinch clips. I repaired my OEM mding . I suggest you access from the BACK. Do not try the tool to fit under the strip. You will break the clips! Access to the tiny one remove front wheel well and reach up and pinch to remove. The door ones not sure if you can remove the door panels then the weather tight material to reach. When I fixed and painted the one side I ordered the OEM entire 3 pieces for the strip and pryed then off. Painted the strips with dupicolor flat black bumper paint. You must wash new trim with a scuff 3m pad to remove the manufacturing layer then prime and lightly scuff then 3 coats 10 min holding can 1 foot away to insure an even coat. Then snap in new trim and your done. I hate shopping carts!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts