Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I appreciate that I may be exposing my total ignorance on most car related matters here but I have a question regarding the side windows on my 2009 i30. With every car I have had in the past, when I wind down the side windows, any rain etc is wiped off by the seal at the bottom of the window which is great for clearing off just before driving. My current i30 doesn’t do this. There is a large enough gap between the seal and the glass that when I wind the window down and then back up absolutely nothing is wiped off. Do other owners of i30’s have this issue or is it just me. If the i30 has been designed this way then surely all the rain etc will just run straight down into the door frame. Just a bit of enlightenment would be welcome. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
No worries Nickbar - mine (a 2010 facelift car) - doesnt either and I have seen similar posts previously on i30 forums.
I know it is a pain when you want to clear side windows - maybe carry a squeegee in the car. However the seals only need to seal when the window is closed. Maybe (in view of the wind noise?) they dont do that too well but mine do press gently against the glass.
One good thing about this i30 design feature is that debris (sand, grit etc) is not ground in to scratch the glass.
Ed

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Talking Hoarse. Good point about the debris not being ground into the glass - every cloud has a silver lining eh?

Looks like I'll just have to grin and bear it.

Cheers
Nick

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes, an annoying feature of my new Elantra, the side windows don't wipe when lowered.
Also no rear cargo cover included.
:mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts