Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marek75, are those windows visors OEM from Hyundai Mobis? Is there any difference in wind noise?
Not OEM. I ordered October 2012 on ebay. Difference in wind noise is not noticed.
Also mounted rear mudflaps were included together Side Step. A few days ago ordered a complete set front and rear just so I will have to sell to get the parcel

·
Registered
19 Posts
Has anyone seen any side window deflector/rain guards for the 2013 santa fe sport? I was excited to see weathertech made an awesome slip in the window channel deflector but unfortunately do not make them for 2013 models.

Has anyone found something comparable or know if and when weathertech plans on making them?

·
Registered
10 Posts
The most important question, and one that previous owners of this product can answer.. will it help with wind / road noise? I believe that it is a function of many things, and if this keeps the wind off of the windows, that could be one step forward in making the car a bit quieter. Any / all feedback is welcome, and greatly appreciated. The next question is which will look better with the Mineral Gray.. clear or tinted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am waiting for the weathertech ones as well. They'll probably be out in a few months. This Santa Fe is still too new.
I just got off the phone with both AVS and Weathertech, AVS does not know when they will start manufactcuring them and Weathertech said they are in the process now and should be available in 4-6 weeks.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Part number for the one I got 013DP 00040
The in channel version is not available yet from Hyundai, just a note for the "in channel" if you do not keep your windows clean they will over time scuff the window up and only fix is to replace.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Part number for the one I got 013DP 00040
The in channel version is not available yet from Hyundai, just a note for the "in channel" if you do not keep your windows clean they will over time scuff the window up and only fix is to replace.
I am trying a picture

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've had the in-channel by Weathertech for my Optima Turbo. They did look good but I really think they made the car louder because the window was against the visor and not the weather stripping. We both noticed it. Also, every time you put the window up they made a thunk. Did get better with time, but still there most days.

I just purchased these for my Santa Fe.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251180882145

I really like them. They also have a version with the chrome on the edges you don't loose the look of the chrome trim. Sooo... They are not the in-channel type, but that doesn't bother me at all. I actually like the look of no chrome around the windows. I like that there is one for the small window too. It doesn't roll down, but I like the look of it.

I'm sure we will be getting another set for his.

D

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just bought these off ebay. They were super easy to put on. I like them because they dont protrude terribly like other rainguards ive seen. They look like they belong on the car. You just stick them directly onto the chrome trim around your door and window sills.

If the link doesnt work I bought them from the seller restylecar on ebay. Look for smoke window visors 4 piece.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?index=0&sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=271134596164

I also purchased from the same seller carbon fiber door panel scuff protectors. They match my black interior perfectly and am so glad I don't have to worry about accidentally kicking the inside panel of my doors when I get in and out and having to look at those white scuff eye sores.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?index=0&sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=281032790253

The items came from korea and took like 2 weeks to get. I never got any sort of tracking number which annoyed me but everything turned out to be legit in the end and I was very happy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
and to answer the wind noise question. I personally dont think I have this horrible sound people claim to have nor does the addition of these rain guards add any unwanted noise since installing them either.. I can drive in the rain with all my windows cracked and water never gets in. it even helps keep the windshield spray run off from dripping in the window.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I too bought mine from a south korean seller on ebay for $42 shipped. The shipping was fast and the product is good quality. Installation was super easy. Wind nouse is close to none.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've never had any wind noise in my Santa Fe nor do these visors cause any. This is the quietest car I've owned. Our Charger doesn't seem to be as quiet.

My optima turbo had quite a bit of road noise with those crappy nexens. I never had any wind noise on that car until the in-channel visors from Weathertech. Perhaps there was a manufacturing defect with the visors, or maybe the car's weather strips were the issue. ****, it could have just been us. Because of that I was hesitant to buy any, but I am very happy with the ones I got on eBay. I was happy to find a stick-on type that I liked. Like I said, our other Santa Fe will get a set too.

D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251180882145

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
474 Posts
I just received a set of Vent Visors ( Rain Guards, what ever you call them) on my 2013 SFS. They were a snap to install, don't interfere with the vision and really do help let the heat out while parked. Never had them on any of our vehicles before.
Got them from the HyundaiAccessoryStore.com for $85.49 (free shipping).

1 - 20 of 82 Posts