Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the power folding mirrors on 2014 azera "welcome you" as you approuch the car or unlock using the key fob? (Meaning that the mirrors unfold before you even get into the car. I saw this feature demonstrated in a comercial of an azera for the british market.) Also, does anyone know if we azera 2012/13 owners can have the power folding mirrors installed and what the price would be for parts and labor.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Does anyone know if the power folding mirrors on 2014 azera "welcome you" as you approuch the car or unlock using the key fob? (Meaning that the mirrors unfold before you even get into the car. I saw this feature demonstrated in a comercial of an azera for the british market.) Also, does anyone know if we azera 2012/13 owners can have the power folding mirrors installed and what the price would be for parts and labor.
To convert 12-13 to folding mirror would cost an arm and a leg :=)

·
22,788 Posts
1. Buy the parts ($$$$ :eek:) Install them yourself.) Cuss, fuss, throw stuff, mess up things in the process. See where this is heading?
2.. Have someone install them (A bit more $$$) Hope it's done correctly.
3. Get the dealer to do it. (More $$$$ Double :eek: :eek:) At least you have a better chance of a proper install. Hopefully.
4. Take the financial hit by trading in yours and buying one already equipped. (BIGGEST $$$$$ :eek:)
5. Take xsolara's advice. Find someone needing an arm or leg and do a little bartering. :wink2:
6. Find another focal point for a cheaper mod.
7. Just forget the entire idea. Put the savings in the bank.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I really liked my 06 Azera with the folding side mirrors. I miss this option in my 13 Azera as my garage is tight and I don't have much room getting into the garage. Yet I take my time and it really isn't a issue but it would be nice to have the option to fold them in. Not sure why Hyundai decided to exclude this option on the 13 Azera. IN my opinion they could have done away with the folding sun shade in the rear or the manual sun shade on the back windows. I really don't think many consumers use either.

·
22,788 Posts
IN my opinion they could have done away with the folding sun shade in the rear or the manual sun shade on the back windows. I really don't think many consumers use either.
Agree with that sun shade exemption. If given the choice between the two? I'd opt for the mirrors, personally.

Since the car is already in the factory and coming down the assembly line, just slap a couple power mirrors on it. Free up the Kanban area that's eating up space in the warehouse stocked with sunshades for something else. Like, um, power mirrors? ;)

Unless there were a lot of "warranty" issues with them and it was Hyundai's answer to quelling that problem. Just eliminate the power mirror option and subsequent future claims. I'm just "reaching out there on that thought."

·
Registered
32 Posts
Actually, in the summer I use my shades all season long. Helps quite a bit especially when our temps get to be 100+.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Power mirrors are pretty common in Asia where you often need to fold them in just to get through a narrow street, or a tight parking spot. Not so common here, even on upscale cars.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Also, does anyone know if we azera 2012/13 owners can have the power folding mirrors installed and what the price would be for parts and labor.
It is likely that the actual mirror assembly would be a direct fit. If you have one of the discontinued colors, you'd need to have the mirror housing painted to match. That is unless the mirrors come unpainted (not unusual) then you'd have to have it painted anyway. The real problem comes in figuring out the wiring and designing and building a switch assembly since your car would not have this. If you did the work yourself, the mirrors alone would probably cost $500 each from an online OEM parts discounter. Painting? Probably about $150. The wiring and switches could cost another $50 in parts. So, you'd be beginning at $1,200. These are just guesses but at least you have an idea of the cost. You'll have to wait until the 2014 Azera parts are available online to be more sure. See http://www.partswebsite.com/hyundai.php Now, if you are not handy and had to pay someone else to do it, figure another (still guessing) $500 for that.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
It is likely that the actual mirror assembly would be a direct fit. If you have one of the discontinued colors, you'd need to have the mirror housing painted to match. That is unless the mirrors come unpainted (not unusual) then you'd have to have it painted anyway. The real problem comes in figuring out the wiring and designing and building a switch assembly since your car would not have this. If you did the work yourself, the mirrors alone would probably cost $500 each from an online OEM parts discounter. Painting? Probably about $150. The wiring and switches could cost another $50 in parts. So, you'd be beginning at $1,200. These are just guesses but at least you have an idea of the cost. You'll have to wait until the 2014 Azera parts are available online to be more sure. See http://www.partswebsite.com/hyundai.php Now, if you are not handy and had to pay someone else to do it, figure another (still guessing) $500 for that.
This is a great place to get part numbers and prices for all Hyundai models it also gives you pictures and break down of components
BULBS for 2013 Hyundai Azera check it out

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the responce. I was thinking that all the wireing harnesses were already there. Just needed to switch out mirror assembly with a morterized one. As for the switch... I was hoping that the "Welcome" feature would automatically fold them when you lock the car... and unfold them as u approch or unlock the car. Speaking of which... does anyone know if the 2014 US version has the welcome feature shown in the british commericial??? Haveing it fold/ unfold automatically with the key fob might be worth the additional cost once the parts for 2014 models become available from multiple eom manufacturers.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I find it odd that the Pwr Folding are so much less than the Manual Folding?? Might be worth a look into exactly how they are operated and what actually activates.

http://www.partswebsite.com/autopartspeople/?i=&model=2072&make=127&year=2013&section=129&catid=30193&subcatid=30889&partid=0&type=parts&image=1052375&imagecallout=1
Not the best place to buy OEM parts.... Google discount Hyundai parts you will find several Hyundai dealers who will discount up to 28% off. You can also look up parts and get the part#

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
To answer your first question, there is an auto setting in which the mirrors fold and unfold when you lock and unlock the car. I'm inclined to leave it set on manual as I suspect the wear on those assemblies will be excessive over time if left in auto.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm kind of curious as to why this feature is a big deal to people? I have never felt the need to fold my vehicle's side mirrors, even when I was living in Europe.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
I'm kind of curious as to why this feature is a big deal to people? I have never felt the need to fold my vehicle's side mirrors, even when I was living in Europe.
Critical in urban areas where parking is tight. My daughter parks in an automated garage where folded mirrors are required. Not a big deal to me though I agree.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts