Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do i go about removing my old side view mirror (driver side) and installing the one I bought from Hyundai? Please help me.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I assume you are replacing the entire mirror and not just mirror glass.

Inside the auto, remove the black cover at the upper right side of the door. Do this by plying out on the cover under the outer edge until it pops loose. Protect the plastic by using a plastic trim tool or a flat tip screwdriver wrapped in tape to keep from damaging the cover.

Behind the cover remove the electrical connection by holding in the small detent lock and pulling apart.

Disconnect the (3) nuts holding the mirror in place.

Install of the new mirror is the reverse of above. Mount and install the nuts, tighten but not too tight, line up and connect the electrical connections, then line up the black cover and push in place. I don't believe you will have to pull the door panel but if you do there are instructions on the forum detailing how it is done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much Sir. I knew i had to remove that cover but didn't want to force it off because i thought just maybe i had to remove the whole door panel. I like this website. Added to book mark!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I have the same issue, my driver's side mirror got broken so I need to replace it. You say that you just need to remove that cover to access the screws for the mirror - is there a trick to it? I have a 2012 sonata, but when I started to pry that off (I used a butter knife), it felt like it was going to break rather than pop off. Are there any screws holding it on or anything like that? Does it matter from which location of the cover I try to pry from?

·
Registered
699 Posts
No screws to remove the sail panel directly behind the mirror, inside the auto. Ply around the edges of the sail panel. Use a panel tool or a screw driver with tape to prevent marring the sail panel or the door frame. I believer there are 2 or 3 friction fasteners. Once off, you will have access to the nuts securing the mirror and the wiring connector.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks. Turns out though, the main issue I had was trying to do this while sitting in the car with the door shut. I found a picture of that plastic part and only then realized that it extends further. A large chunk of plastic gets sandwhiched between the door and the main body of the car when the door is closed. So if anyone else ever needs to do this and seems to be struggling way too hard, there ya go, open the door.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts