Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon,

When I first got my GLS I had considered putting chrome handles on it, but after much deliberation and input from family / friends I have decided to stay with the body color handles. Despite this, I still want a little more accent on the side of the vehicle. I spotted some chrome vents at wally world and thought, what the heck lets see how these look. I would like to get peoples honest opinion; good, bad, indifferent. If you think it looks like crap please feel free to chime in. I'm totally open to criticism, because I am not totally certain on the look either. Attached is a picture, but keep in mind they are not actually adhered to the car yet. There is just a piece of tape holding them on so I could see how it looks. Final alignment would be much better if I went for it.

Thanks.

I took down the pic, I've come back to my senses on this one. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Should have bought a Buick :grin: :whistling:.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Umm, not my taste. Looks horrible but its your ride. At least you didnt go with a stick on hood scoop.

Chrome handles would have looked 100000% better.

·
Registered
594 Posts
QUOTE (captainjd02 @ May 31 2010, 05:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328200
Ummm, no thanks. I'm not 80 years old and yelling at kids to get off my lawn.

I will put you down as a "no" for the side vents :wink2:

Thanks.
You have not seen the German designed the new Regal yet. If it was later this year I would have seriously considered the Regal with its 2.0 Turbo

·
Hyundai-Forums.com Vendor
369 Posts
Looks absolutely terrible.

Actually it doesn't look horrendous, except for the fact that everyone will know that they are fake, and have seem them in walmart too before lol

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
QUOTE (RamKat @ May 31 2010, 07:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328255
You have not seen the German designed the new Regal yet. If it was later this year I would have seriously considered the Regal with its 2.0 Turbo
Sorry, poor attempt at a Buick joke. I actually like the new LaCrosse styling, for the exception of the grill. The new Regal doesn't do much for me, I would take my Sonata over that any day. Buick really has done a better job on styling, it's just not for me.

They look like crap. A sonata has no business having side vents on it.
Glad I asked other people's opinion. These are heading back to the store. I know in the end it's really my choice, but if not one person has made a positive comment then it's probably not a good idea. Guess it's a sign, don't mess with a good thing.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I can really see this car w/side vents, my head do not compute that equation, but anyway, if you do something like that, my opinion of course, you should do it the right way, gotta cut into the fenders and put those things on, and probably refinish and repaint some sections, I mean if u gonna put Pep Boys DUB side vents, just leave the car like that, car got really clean lines on it, and to me on my black car is all I need. Just my two cents

1 - 12 of 12 Posts