Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a new one for me.. the drivers side seat side that you see when you open the door... was giving the car a good cleaning today and I noticed several small horizontal tears in the vinyl!!! I poured over the warranty book and I see no exclusion for it... so off to point it out to the dealer next oil change.

I bring this up so other folks can do an inspection on their vehicles. I've only got 30,000 kms on it in 2 years so it's not like it's getting tons of wear and tear.. and I'm only 180lbs :)

For the US members.. that's about 19,000 miles over 2 years.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And now as I have finished the outside of the vehicle, there is RUST bubbling up from under the paint where the bottom glass meets the hatch body panel.

Starting to lose my faith in the build quality of the brand.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Let us know what the dealer does about it, Pinto. These things should not happen on a two-year old car.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (Don67 @ Jul 2 2010, 06:25 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338168
Let us know what the dealer does about it, Pinto. These things should not happen on a two-year old car.

I went up there this morning.. interestingly enough, the service guy said he has seen the rust issue before on a couple of other 2008's. I have to go back Monday to see the Manager, but the service guy did say they will need the vehicle for a few days.. take the back window out, do the repair and repaint.. I'm hoping they will paint the entire hatch but who knows.. Heads up to the 07 and 08 owners out there to inspect along the bottom of the rear window very carefully!!!!

On the other issue, the guy said he had never seen that kind of tearing before and ordered a replacement seat bottom right away.. as he said.. and I agree 100%.. that should never happen at this stage in the vehicles life :D

If you don't see anything by just looking at the seat.. I thought the horizontal lines were dirt on the tan leather/viny.. "pinching" it together exposed several small breaks/tears in the cover.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Looks like you've got a good dealer who's taking care of your problems. Sorry to hear about the premature rusting and seat tearing. I agree...that should not be happening to a 2 year old car.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (lovemysantafe @ Jul 2 2010, 07:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338397
Looks like you've got a good dealer who's taking care of your problems. Sorry to hear about the premature rusting and seat tearing. I agree...that should not be happening to a 2 year old car.
True about the rust.. I also take my cars to Krown every year.. we'll see what happens Monday.

The sales guy I dealt with before offered $3k off a 2010 LTD... I said thanks, but give me the bottom price and I'll check my APA membership price.. they are working hard to keep me happy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts