Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was backing into my garage today and due to all of the snow in my driveway that had yet to be plowed by our condo corporation I fishtailed a bit and my side mirror hit the side of my garage. I have included pictures. Basically the mirror itself and the actual structure is perfectly fine, its just the plastic that covers the turn signal indicators that cracked slightly. Any suggestions on what to do? I just called my dealership and they said I have to replace the entire assembly because they cannot just replace the plastic cover, is this true?

Any idea on cost either? I obviously goofed up but I am hoping this is not going to turn into a 2 or 3 hundred dollar mistake.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: Just to clarify there is literally 0 damage to the actual side mirror. There is a slight slight slight scuff on the paint just before the plastic cover but I had to put my face right beside it to notice it. Sorry for the poor quality pictures, I tried to get the best angle of it I could.

Attachments

·
Registered
699 Posts
In the US the mirror is available in pieces and the led light indicator is one of the items you can order. Its expensive. About $94 dollars from parts com and the dealer is asking more for it. See listing and you might question your dealer regarding why they cannot order the part. See web page from parts.com. Click on below - Parts.com reference.

Auto Parts - Parts.com, For Every Part of Your Life

·
22,788 Posts
I would take some paint sealant and try to rub out that scratch. It may surprise you. You can always put out a cry of help to the local salvage yards. But I'm guessing that the newer models haven't had an opportunity to gather in big numbers, yet. But you might get lucky.

The first 2014 I hear of in a salvage yard with good taillights...those things will belong to me. The headlights, too, if they didn't get killed in the collision.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts