Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve discovered that I can take a short cut when shutting off the car. I can skip the step of putting the car in park and just directly pres the ignition button to stop and park the car. Is there any problem with doing this? I suspect that Hyundai wouldn’t let you shut down the car this way if it’s harmful in anyway but I have no way of knowing for sure.

Thanks,

·
Registered
12,516 Posts
Sorry, I don't follow? Your switching the engine off while the shifter is still in 'D'?
That probably wouldn't do any harm but it seems a bit pointless since you need to move the shifter to P/N in order to restart the engine again anyway. So why not just move it there before you switch the engine off then you wont need to worry about whether it's harmful or not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the Palisade, it has the push button shifters. So I can push the ignition button to turn the car off while it is still in drive or reverse. Then I can push the ignition button again to start the car without ever pushing the park button. It seems like a neat shortcut if it isn’t causing any problems.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I’ve discovered that I can take a short cut when shutting off the car. I can skip the step of putting the car in park and just directly pres the ignition button to stop and park the car. Is there any problem with doing this? I suspect that Hyundai wouldn’t let you shut down the car this way if it’s harmful in anyway but I have no way of knowing for sure.

Thanks,
Why would you even want to skip putting the vehicle in Park?

·
Registered
629 Posts
It's a feature of the Palisade. If one removes the driver's side seat belt and opens the door, or the engine is shut off when in R,D,N, goes to Park automatically.

Great feature, but one may become accustomed to shutting the Palisade off without manually putting the vehicle in Park, but hopefully that habit won't carry over to other vehicles that don't have that feature.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
It's a feature of the Palisade. If one removes the driver's side seat belt and opens the door, or the engine is shut off when in R,D,N, goes to Park automatically.

Great feature, but one may become accustomed to shutting the Palisade off without manually putting the vehicle in Park, but hopefully that habit won't carry over to other vehicles that don't have that feature.
Understood. Just don’t let a teenager drive a Palisade and another vehicle.

·
Registered
343 Posts
It automatically puts it in park for you, and if you're on an incline, it'll apply the ebrake as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts