Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new member here. Just bought a Limited the other day and it's now back in the shop for the second time because the radio and other accessories remain on when turning the car off. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Registered
204 Posts
On a sort-of related note..
I went to the store last night and I always shut off the radio, the air, the wipers, etc before I shut off the car.
I hit off to everything and then I SWEAR I hit Engine stop.
Now my car runs so quiet I can hardly hear it most of the time.
I get out and go to lock the door with the black button and I get the BEEP - the one that means - "you left the car running you idiot"..
I then listened hard to hear the engine..So I guess my "Engine Stop" press didnt take...Or I pressed it and it didnt engage..Probably user error...but I will know to keep an eye on it...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Snapper41, thank you very much. I apologize for not finding the already posted information on my own-I guess I need to hone my search techniques. At any rate, I will pass the service bulletin on to the dealer. Again, many thanks.

Greg

·
Registered
486 Posts
Absolutely no need to apologize for anything. There is some much good information here and in various places, it is near impossible to locate everything that you need or remember.

Welcome to the forum and hope you are able to get that new car repaired quickly & hassle free so that you can start enjoying it more. Let us know what the out come was .

If you visit my Hyundai forums, you will be able to get pdf files of, owners manual, shop manual, elec manual, all recalls, and more.

·
Registered
124 Posts
QUOTE (g_ebert @ Jul 25 2010, 09:51 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=344532
Hi, new member here. Just bought a Limited the other day and it's now back in the shop for the second time because the radio and other accessories remain on when turning the car off. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks in advance for any info.
The shift knob must be fully in PARK position. Some owners have had to adjust the shifter knob for this as it may appear to be in park but it is not fully engaged to trip the park switch. It's a minor adjustment.

·
Registered
589 Posts
QUOTE (PattyNY811 @ Jul 25 2010, 09:43 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=344540
Now my car runs so quiet I can hardly hear it most of the time.
If you can't hear the engine running with the door open you have some serious hearing problem my friend :grin: . Or you have a severe distraction problem. This engine is pretty **** noisy at idle, but in general, most 4 bangers are noisy. Direct-injected ones, like ours, even more so. I can hear it loud and clear even with the doors/windows closed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (schdy37 @ Jul 25 2010, 01:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=344586
The shift knob must be fully in PARK position. Some owners have had to adjust the shifter knob for this as it may appear to be in park but it is not fully engaged to trip the park switch. It's a minor adjustment.
schdy37, it certainly seems to be something along those lines. The dealer has ordered a new shifter and is supposed to install it tomorrow. thanks for the reply

·
Registered
9 Posts
QUOTE (g_ebert @ Jul 27 2010, 12:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=345193
schdy37, it certainly seems to be something along those lines. The dealer has ordered a new shifter and is supposed to install it tomorrow. thanks for the reply
g ebert, did your dealer fix your shifter problem, yet? I am still having the same issue with mine. I looked at the TSB information and it appears that is not the same problem. I took the boot off the shifter stick and measured to see if it was within the 28 mm specs. It was even less (25 mm).
I wanted to get more information before taking it to the dealer, again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
QUOTE (schdy37 @ Jul 25 2010, 01:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=344586
schdy37, can you explain how to "adjust" the shifter knob? I am one of the owners with the same problem.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First, thanks to everyone who pointed me in the right direction. The dealer determined that there was an internal short in the shift lever assembly and they replaced the assembly on Wed. I've driven approx. 200 miles since then with perhaps 20 shutdowns with no problems. I sure hope this is a long term fix because I really like this car alot. Again, thanks all.

·
Registered
124 Posts
QUOTE (NY_Sonata @ Jul 30 2010, 08:52 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=346097
schdy37, can you explain how to "adjust" the shifter knob? I am one of the owners with the same problem.

Thanks.
I read somewhere on another Hyundai forum where you remove the cap and udjust the travel. I tried looking for it but I can't find it. If it's convenient I would prefer you take it to your Dealer as it could also be a defective switch as reported by another poster. Good Luck and don't worry. Not a major problem.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've had my SE for about a month, it started acting this way during the second week. It's going in Monday for the fix. The service Manager was aware of it. He said it's a re - wiring process that should take about 2 hrs. Maybe there's more than 1 reason for the malady.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am new to this forum but am glad I have found it. Related to this issue of things staying on after the car is shut off, my wife's 2011 Sonata with Nav, used to leave the dashboad guages (speedometer and tachometer) illuminated after she removed the key. The illumination lasted until the time the headlights automatically shut off. Dealer did repair work on driver's seat and disconnected the battery. Since then, this dashboard illumination has not worked. The center console, and gear shift areas do illuminate, but the speedometer and tachometer have stopped working. Took to dealer, opened case with Hyundai Consumer affairs, had a district parts manager look at car. Their final determination was that although they cannot deny what it was doing, the car was not designed to work this way. Has anyone else seen this dash illumination after removing the keys and locking the car? Offering reward for anyone that has this issue with their car. Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts