Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer is trying to do a trade to get the bronze mist color I want. Been looking and bargaining for a month now but getting tired of looking. I know I want an Azera for sure but now I'm wondering if I should just wait for the 2014's. After all, I'll be getting a car that's one year newer so that helps resale for sure. Plus I'd really like to get those sensor warnings they talk about on other vehicles although Im not sure they'll have them as an option.
Also, I'll probably get a much better deal on a 2013 if I wait until around Thanksgiving but then again I might not get the color I want... Right now I'm at $32,381. Is that a good deal?? The numbers game is really driving me nuts and I'm getting worn down....I'm ready to say forget the whole thing and I'm waiting till 2014. The International Auto show is coming up here in L.A. in about 3 weeks. Wonder if the new 2014 will be on display??

·
Registered
79 Posts
Have you gone to Edmunds.com and checked the true market value with the options on the car for your area? Truecar.com will give you infomation on what others in your area are paying. It is hard to pull the trigger, but for myself, I wouldn't pay this much and not get what I want (did settle for one with a front half plate). If it helps, in august, I got a 2013 with everything (tech and all options) at 33,433 before any rebates, with rebates 31,433 and I left the Hyundai finance 750 and recent college grad 400 behind since I had my own financing at a better rate than HMF offers. There was a 2012 demo available at that time for 29,998 but no rebates and that was basically what the used price was for that car with those miles on it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, what a deal you got. Hmmm maybe I'm over paying and I'll wait for the 2014's. I'll let you know how it goes. THanks for the info.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought my Azera two days ago. I love it!!! Problem with price was that the rebates are minimal right now but I still got what I felt was a good deal. I tried all the fleet and internet managers within 75 miles and they were all at around the same price. However, there was only two dealerships with the bronze mist color. I finally settled for $32,400. I felt if I waited too long for the 2014's they wouldn't be dealing on them for a long time. Anyway, I'm very happy with my car.

·
Registered
550 Posts
If you can wait for the 2014 go with it. I waited until the 2013 model came out and I'm very happy. Received a great price and have one heck of a car. More than I ever need. It all depends if you can wait or get a 2013. Up to you!

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Future Azera owner here. I have also debated waiting for the 2014. So far I cannot find out anything on the changes to the 2014 to see if it's worth waiting for. I'm looking forward to owning one. My only concern is coming out of Turbo and going to this engine. I'll miss my Turbo. (or will I?)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Jim,

I'm debating same thing. If you want to stick with a turbo and get the goodies, the Optima SX can be had for cheaper (can get a nice one for $28K).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Look at the bright side.... Hyundai engines with turbo have a much more aggressive maintenance schedules, so having a naturally aspirated engine with a similar hp output might save you some $$ on maintenance. Plus, the Azera is a very low maint vehicle no maint required for the transmission, steering, etc...

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Look at the bright side.... Hyundai engines with turbo have a much more aggressive maintenance schedules, so having a naturally aspirated engine with a similar hp output might save you some $$ on maintenance. Plus, the Azera is a very low maint vehicle no maint required for the transmission, steering, etc...
The no maintenance required of trans fluid is fine unless you really want to drive the car well beyond 100k miles. In that case, probably worth changing it at minimum every 50k. That fluid gets dirty and wears out just like engine oil.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just bought a 2013 Azera with tech package for $32,580. Included $750 for repeat buyer incentive. 2nd Hyundai I purchased this year.

I looked at buying the base Azera a month ago without tech package and I could only get about $1500 off list.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Just bought a 2013 Azera with tech package for $32,580. Included $750 for repeat buyer incentive. 2nd Hyundai I purchased this year.

I looked at buying the base Azera a month ago without tech package and I could only get about $1500 off list.
Not bad. About 5k off MSRP. 14s will be rolling in shortly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts