Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
I think the copper is a nice offset color. I am assuming you will still have the same dust cleaning issues; just a darker color?

I like the copper color.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I agree with Bearcats. The copper looks pretty nice. But are you really making an improvement in brake dust tolerability?

Also, did you do flat white or glossy white. I am wondering if the dip glossifier would make a difference in its ability to shed brake dust.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Lol I should have chimed in when I saw you dip them white and tell you that keeping the brake dust off the white is damm near impossible! I had dipped my Genesis track wheels white, and loved them, but seriously after washing them it would take no more than 10 miles of driving the city for the dust to start collecting. It's pretty ridiculous, and you cant just wipe it off. I had to use wheel cleaner and get down in there with a brush/sponge after letting the cleaner soak in.

They looked fantastic all cleaned, but guess what? Within a few days they needed a full cleaning again.

So after a few months I couldn't take it anymore and made the switch to Anthracite Grey (bonus: it matches the brake dust color perfectly!).

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So after a few months I couldn't take it anymore and made the switch to Anthracite Grey (bonus: it matches the brake dust color perfectly!).
LOL!! you're a glass half full guy aren't you? :D

yah, there are smudges all over the white now.... and for some messed up reason by one wheel around the center cap looks almost like rust?? wtf?

advice to anyone wanting to dip their wheels white.... never do white matte.....

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
If you use the glossifier stuff it will make cleaning them easier

·
Registered
221 Posts
LOL!! you're a glass half full guy aren't you? :D
Haha I am a glass is twice as big as it needs to be kinda guy! (Engineer)

Also the glossifier should not make the dip harder to come off. It's specially designed to work just as the dip does so it should be just as easy to peel off. But I haven't tried taking it off with glossifier on it yet.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha I am a glass is twice as big as it needs to be kinda guy! (Engineer)

Also the glossifier should not make the dip harder to come off. It's specially designed to work just as the dip does so it should be just as easy to peel off. But I haven't tried taking it off with glossifier on it yet.
thx for the advice, wasn't too sure about the glossifier since im used to sanding,primering, painting and clear coating.... this plastidip stuff confuses me....

Ordered 2 cans of copper metallic and 2 glossifier cans... should be enough for the center pieces....

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Copper...

Yefeng, I think the copper will look great. Much easier than the white to clean (you hope) and at the least will seem cleaner, longer than the white. Good luck. Very nice ride by the way!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yefeng, I think the copper will look great. Much easier than the white to clean (you hope) and at the least will seem cleaner, longer than the white. Good luck. Very nice ride by the way!
Thanks Jon, I pride myself in trying to make the car look good.... although it is a bit weird when every time someone locally see's my car they tell me I have a great looking coupe.... lol?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts