Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent an email to a dealer asking to see an SE in Iridescent silver blue pearl.
below is my email:

"What color SE Sonatas do you have in stock? We havent decided on a color yet. We would like to test drive an SE to determine what trim we like and would like to see a Sonata in iridescent silver blue pearl in person before we settle on a color. Is this something you can make happen?

Steve Rosenberg"

This was the dealer's response which happened to come from the Assistant Manager:
"Hello Steven,

SEE I MADE IT HAPPEN!!!! we do have the colors you want to see so what time is good for you to stop in."

Am I jumping to conclusions when I drive 40 minutes to the dealer and the Assistant Manager isnt there but I speak to the other internet salesman.

Guess What?? no SE in the Ir silver blue pearl...

the only good thing is I finally got a chance to take the Se for a ride.. I like the ride alot, but I'm not sure how I should react to the salesman. Do you think she was being deceptive? they did have a Sante Fe in that color, but thats not what I asked for.

input??

·
Registered
27 Posts
It could have been a mix-up, but they got you to the dealership. Too many outs for the dealership to explain the "confusion", in my opinion. If it doesn't feel right to you than it probably isn't.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Coming from the world's worst (read: honest) former car salesman I can tell you that this reeks of the classic bait and switch. They hope that once they get you in, they can easily switch you to something else that you probably don't want. I'd be annoyed but don't lose any sleep over it; dealerships do it all the time.

·
Registered
264 Posts
i asked to test drive a silver SE with nav, so i could see how that all worked. the best they could do with what they had was a white limited with some awful wine color interior and no nav. not like they keep many of these in stock to choose from it seems.

so, after agreeing to purchase, i had to wait almost 2 weeks for the silver SE to arrive. the salesman called me about 5 times during the wait, i guess to make sure i was still buying, and even once to try to get me to take a red one sooner.

i guess the botom line is: dont be upset over the test drive color. only buy what you want in the end. its not like you dont know what it would look like in the color you want... you already have it picked out. stick to only what you want.

·
Registered
247 Posts
i ordered a limited w/nav in that silver blue color with camel interior. i ordered after seeing the color on a GLS.

it's going to take 4 weeks and it's not even guaranteed to arrive in 4 weeks.
set the deal on mid $25k.

they were trying to sell me a white one they had in stock instead, and they were offering it for $28k.
said "NO!!!" in their face

·
1,914 Posts
Glad you finally were able to test drive the SE and that you liked it. If you do decide to go with them, just be careful they don't try anything else while doing the paperwork. I'm sure when you got there, they told you they just sold it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I had decided on Radiant Silver months before I actually got it. They offered me lots of other colors in the meantime and I refused and even had to take a loaner from them while I waited. But I am glad I waited - hang tough and get what you really want...

·
Banned
630 Posts
when I went to my hyundai dealer, my goal was to test drive a 2010 limited v6, which I did...then I walked past the 2011 venetian red SE with nav...asked the salesman about it....and asked randomly if I could have the keys...he said "SURE!" (which usually doesn't happen on a car with zero miles on it-they make u take the "loaner" or "demo" car)

I was even more surprised when he brought the keys AND a dealer plate-he knew what I wanted before I even asked....and it was a done deal 15min later!

·
Registered
854 Posts
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Jul 2 2010, 08:13 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338188
when I went to my hyundai dealer, my goal was to test drive a 2010 limited v6, which I did...then I walked past the 2011 venetian red SE with nav...asked the salesman about it....and asked randomly if I could have the keys...he said "SURE!" (which usually doesn't happen on a car with zero miles on it-they make u take the "loaner" or "demo" car)

I was even more surprised when he brought the keys AND a dealer plate-he knew what I wanted before I even asked....and it was a done deal 15min later!
15 mins WTF. Is that a world record for making a car deal or what :grin:

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (eyecue @ Jul 2 2010, 08:56 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338193
15 mins WTF. Is that a world record for making a car deal or what :grin:
I'm not talking paperwork lol..that was a good hour....the negotiation was 15min at best....all said and done, taking plates off my trade, paperwork, transferring my junk, etc took about 1.5 hours

NOT TOO SHABBY :D

·
Registered
717 Posts
All depends each dealership. The internet sales guy where I bought was a tool. He sent me some basic email that didn't include a price or nothing. I ended up going in and buying from a sales guy. Used my emails to get the price I wanted locally.

·
Registered
123 Posts
having to drive 40 minutes...and they didn't have what they promised? that takes them down in my book. If they were the closest, then ..that sucks. But I would look for other options first.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts