Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used 2006 sonata model SOL. I had no idea what model that was but the car is a V6 with leather seats sunroof and power seats. I'm guessing it could be a GLS. Not sure what Hyundai offered back then in terms of GL upgrades.

Anyways I looked up the VIN on a website and it says it's a 2006 sonata GL trim.

Any idea ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey John,

The car information package from the buyer stated it was SOL. It looked authentic.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Hey John,

The car information package from the buyer stated it was SOL. It looked authentic.

Andrew
Buyer? Aren't you the buyer?

Information package? Can you be more specific? Is it printed by Hyundai? I'm wondering if it's a typo. Perhaps should say SEL? But I wouldn't believe Hyundai would allow a typo to get out.
John

·
22,793 Posts
:grin:

·
Registered
121 Posts
I don't think Hyundai would ever refer to their Sonata sub model as an "SOL,"Those letters have always stood for a negative word phrase during my life time.

Reading your owner's manual, or reading the car receipt, will tell you which Sonata trim level you have

·
Registered
28 Posts
With the options you stated, it is most likely the LX model. GLS was available with the V6, sunroof, and power seat. However, with leather seats, it wouldn't be the GLS, but the LX. Your VIN should tell you what model it is, and I wouldn't accept it being shown as a GL, because the GL was the base model I4, with wheel covers, no power seat, etc... Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Dean,

Thanks for the information. I compared the specs, and it does look like its an LX model, but the VIN says its a GL model. I'm guessing I get an insurance break because it's a lower model :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Could be an insurance reclaimed accident car...vin always match model. or past owner swap out motor.?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts