Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 馃か
Update: Not perfect, but here's a few updated pictures of the intake with a cleaner engine bay. Just cleaned up the engine cover, fuse box, battery, intake manifold and a few other places with a paper towel and some water. Also cleaned the battery terminals up a bit with some battery spray and a brush.
View attachment 457337
View attachment 457338
Here's a suggestion for you on engine bay cleaning.
Make sure it's during the day with lots of sunshine.
Spray some 409 or a 50/ 50 mix of Kaboom with water, spray down everything in the engine compartment, about a half a bottle worth, let sit for a few, and use a garden hose without sprayer using only your thumb on the end to rinse it all off.

Next keep the hood open for a couple of hours with the sun shining into the engine compartment to dry it out completely and you're good to go.
You can wipe out some parts of the engine with a rag but this type of cleaning works really well and keeps the engine clean if you do this every so often.

This is how I keep my engine pristine from day 1 and keep it like that the life of the car. 馃憤
So now when it's time to work on the engine it's clean. You can also find leaks quicker this way if there are any too.

Keep it mint and you'll always be proud to open up the hood. 馃榿馃槑馃憤

Looks much better btw. 馃憤馃

Registered
2014 Hyundai Accent Hatchback
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Here's a suggestion for you on engine bay cleaning.
Make sure it's during the day with lots of sunshine.
Spray some 409 or a 50/ 50 mix of Kaboom with water, spray down everything in the engine compartment, about a half a bottle worth, let sit for a few, and use a garden hose without sprayer using only your thumb on the end to rinse it all off.

Next keep the hood open for a couple of hours with the sun shining into the engine compartment to dry it out completely and you're good to go.
You can wipe out some parts of the engine with a rag but this type of cleaning works really well and keeps the engine clean if you do this every so often.

This is how I keep my engine pristine from day 1 and keep it like that the life of the car. 馃憤
So now when it's time to work on the engine it's clean. You can also find leaks quicker this way if there are any too.

Keep it mint and you'll always be proud to open up the hood. 馃榿馃槑馃憤

Looks much better btw. 馃憤馃
Oh ok sounds good. How would I get the cleaner on the engine? Just spray water and then spray the cleaner on? Or do you have one of those foam guns? Also, I have a little bit of Super Clean degreaser, would that work? I plan on doing a full detail soon, so I will do this then. I bought a bottle of polish and a new tin of wax, so it should come out pretty good! And thanks!

Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 馃か
Oh ok sounds good. How would I get the cleaner on the engine? Just spray water and then spray the cleaner on? Or do you have one of those foam guns? Also, I have a little bit of Super Clean degreaser, would that work? I plan on doing a full detail soon, so I will do this then. I bought a bottle of polish and a new tin of wax, so it should come out pretty good! And thanks!
409 and Kaboom come in a spray bottle. 馃槀馃槈
They're cheap to buy and work well.
Spray it all over the engine compartment as in soaking it down on everything.
Keep it wet if it starts to dry and the engine needs to be cold.
5-10 minutes soaking then spray it off with an open hose and thumb on the end of the hose to wash and rinse down the engine.
Rinse good and wipe clean and dry what you can.
Let sit open hood with the sun on the engine compartment to dry everything for a couple of hours and your then safe to crank the engine again and go.
Enjoy your clean engine and clean those areas of stubborn dirt or grease as needed.
You'd be surprised how easy it is to do this and keep it clean.
Hope that helps.

Registered
2014 Hyundai Accent Hatchback
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
409 and Kaboom come in a spray bottle. 馃槀馃槈
They're cheap to buy and work well.
Spray it all over the engine compartment as in soaking it down on everything.
Keep it wet if it starts to dry and the engine needs to be cold.
5-10 minutes soaking then spray it off with an open hose and thumb on the end of the hose to wash and rinse down the engine.
Rinse good and wipe clean and dry what you can.
Let sit open hood with the sun on the engine compartment to dry everything for a couple of hours and your then safe to crank the engine again and go.
Enjoy your clean engine and clean those areas of stubborn dirt or grease as needed.
You'd be surprised how easy it is to do this and keep it clean.
Hope that helps.
Ok sounds good, thank you!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts