Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
2014 Hyundai Accent Hatchback
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I just bought my car the Injen short ram intake and it should be in by around next weekend. I've been watching videos on how to install it on the Veloster(couldn't find anything for the Accent) and it seems pretty straight foreword. One question I have is regarding the intake resonator. I was wanting to remove it since it isn't required, and it takes up space and weight. In the videos I have seen, they take the front driver side wheel and fender liner off, remove a couple bolts and it comes out. Is it the same on the Accent? Also, if anyone has any tips for me when I install it, they would be greatly appreciated. I am pretty good mechanically, but this is the first "real" mod I am doing to the car! I'll also give my option on it once it's installed!

Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 馃か
Hey everyone! I just bought my car the Injen short ram intake and it should be in by around next weekend. I've been watching videos on how to install it on the Veloster(couldn't find anything for the Accent) and it seems pretty straight foreword. One question I have is regarding the intake resonator. I was wanting to remove it since it isn't required, and it takes up space and weight. In the videos I have seen, they take the front driver side wheel and fender liner off, remove a couple bolts and it comes out. Is it the same on the Accent? Also, if anyone has any tips for me when I install it, they would be greatly appreciated. I am pretty good mechanically, but this is the first "real" mod I am doing to the car! I'll also give my option on it once it's installed!
If you do t want to completely remove the front drivers side fender liner then turn your wheel full left and only remove the two bottom push clips to gain access to the "bong" or intake resonator. 馃槀馃槣

There's one bolt in particular that isn't easy to get to and most of them are 10mm socket or wrench.
If you feel frisky you do get more working space when the tire is removed on the driver side. 馃憤

Run your valve cover fresh air tube to the new intake and you should be set.
Reset the ecu by disconnecting the battery while you're working on it. This should help with the ecu relearning the air fuels after a few drive cycles.

Enjoy the new sound from under the hood when you romp on it. 馃槣馃槀
Beware though, gas mileage may be reduced depending on the heavy foot effect of the driver. 馃槈馃榿馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you do t want to completely remove the front drivers side fender liner then turn your wheel full left and only remove the two bottom push clips to gain access to the "bong" or intake resonator. 馃槀馃槣

There's one bolt in particular that isn't easy to get to and most of them are 10mm socket or wrench.
If you feel frisky you do get more working space when the tire is removed on the driver side. 馃憤

Run your valve cover fresh air tube to the new intake and you should be set.
Reset the ecu by disconnecting the battery while you're working on it. This should help with the ecu relearning the air fuels after a few drive cycles.

Enjoy the new sound from under the hood when you romp on it. 馃槣馃槀
Beware though, gas mileage may be reduced depending on the heavy foot effect of the driver. 馃槈馃榿馃
Thank you very much! I probably will take the wheel off anyways. It doesn't take too long and I have never been a fan of being underneath a car that's not on a lift. I knew someone from school who got really hurt when the jack collapsed while he was working on his Charger. I think this intake also comes with new tubing for the PCV as well as hose clamps. I also forgot about the whole ECU thing, so thank you for reminding me! And I'm sure the gas mileage will end up getting worse lol, I do have a pretty heavy foot most of the time :) Thanks again!

Registered
Thank you very much! I probably will take the wheel off anyways. It doesn't take too long and I have never been a fan of being underneath a car that's not on a lift. I knew someone from school who got really hurt when the jack collapsed while he was working on his Charger. I think this intake also comes with new tubing for the PCV as well as hose clamps. I also forgot about the whole ECU thing, so thank you for reminding me! And I'm sure the gas mileage will end up getting worse lol, I do have a pretty heavy foot most of the time :) Thanks again!
If you get proper jack stands then you'll have no worries.
Again it's quality over quantity and investing in a slightly more expensive stand is peace of mind.
I use these in particular as their aluminum and don't ratchet. The pin going through the stand sys it'll never give like a ratchet style.
F8DD7D27-6142-4744-AF74-A089AA344CF6.jpeg

I bought these used on eBay. I saved up the money for these and are my main stands so don't ever worry about being under the car. 馃憤馃槑
Proper stands will always secure the load.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, I've always been told you get what you pay for, and I'm going to assume it's the same thing here. Those do look like pretty good jack stands, I'll have to look around and see if I see a similar design to that!

Registered
Yep, I've always been told you get what you pay for, and I'm going to assume it's the same thing here. Those do look like pretty good jack stands, I'll have to look around and see if I see a similar design to that!
Do a search on aluminum jack stands.
New they're expensive but eBay is your friend for some good deals. 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just an update. I installed the intake today and I love it! Definitely more power between 3 and 4 thousand rpm(almost like vtec) and definitely a lot louder. I just have one question though, I noticed that whenever I rev it up there is a slight squeak in the intake for half a second. Is this normal or do I have a leak somewhere?

Registered
Intake leaks are at their worst at closed throttle so if it's when you snap the throttle open I doubt it. Short intakes are good for high rpm power increase. Can you post a pic?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh ok sounds good, I don't have a picture right now, but I will for sure send one tomorrow!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Engine bay 馃ゴ馃き馃あ馃ぎ
馃槀馃槈
Dude please clean that bay. 馃槀馃し馃徏鈥嶁檪锔忦煒
Nice install and the cleanest part on the engine. 馃憤馃榿馃
Lol, it's supposed to be nice this weekend so I'll get to it then. That's Canadian roads just after Winter for you, it ruins the look of everything :(

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dude if that's how much dirt gets lifted from the roads I would not suggest that ram intake. That is waaaaay to much dirt for that open pod filter to keep back.
There isn't a whole lot, I just haven't cleaned it in about a year and a half so it just accumulated. I'm also looking at getting a hydro shield soon, so that would help too.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This makes me sad. 馃槥
I know, I just never get the time. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but it is technically my dads car at the moment. We bought it used in March of 2019 and he has been driving it to work and back everyday since. My parents told me that I can have the car sometime in the Summer, but I would still be able to do mods on it and stuff. This was back in August. So in short, I don't see the car too often as I'm in school at 8:30, and my dad leaves for work at noon. The only times I see it is on weekends, and I usually have to work, or want to enjoy the car by driving it. It really sucks and I hope I get the car as my own pretty soon! I know this was a bit of an overshare, but I just wanted to let you know my predicament, and that I am not a lazy bum!

Registered
I know, I just never get the time. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but it is technically my dads car at the moment. We bought it used in March of 2019 and he has been driving it to work and back everyday since. My parents told me that I can have the car sometime in the Summer, but I would still be able to do mods on it and stuff. This was back in August. So in short, I don't see the car too often as I'm in school at 8:30, and my dad leaves for work at noon. The only times I see it is on weekends, and I usually have to work, or want to enjoy the car by driving it. It really sucks and I hope I get the car as my own pretty soon! I know this was a bit of an overshare, but I just wanted to let you know my predicament, and that I am not a lazy bum!
Good to hear and hope pops takes time to do regular maintenance in it.
Ive seen and cleaned up dirtier engines to look like new so what you have there isn't that hard to clean up.
Tell Dad I said hurry up with giving you the car already. 馃槀馃榿
Hope you get it soon. 馃憤馃馃槑

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good to hear and hope pops takes time to do regular maintenance in it.
Ive seen and cleaned up dirtier engines to look like new so what you have there isn't that hard to clean up.
Tell Dad I said hurry up with giving you the car already. 馃槀馃榿
Hope you get it soon. 馃憤馃馃槑
Lol, yeah I've always been on both of my parents to keep up on maintenance. I think it should be mine around June or so, fingers crossed馃馃 Thank you!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update: Not perfect, but here's a few updated pictures of the intake with a cleaner engine bay. Just cleaned up the engine cover, fuse box, battery, intake manifold and a few other places with a paper towel and some water. Also cleaned the battery terminals up a bit with some battery spray and a brush.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts