Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone shopping for these yet? I like to purchase them ahead of the first real snowfall. The wife's 2013 has 19" wheels, so I was going to get 17" ones that correspond to the correct size.

I have to shop around but I was thinking of 225/70 17 or 235/65 17's. I have yet to determine if these sizes are available.

Any snowbound drivers shopping yet?

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
235/65 x17 is the equivalent size - should be plenty of choice as it was the base model size for the 2006-2012 Santa Fe.

If you're in North America, then Tire Rack have some useful comparisons of tyres in different categories.

I've just fitted Pirelli Scorpion Verde All-Season m+s as full winter tyres aren't justified where I live.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have finalized my purchase last week and went with Toyo Observe GSI-5 on black steel rims, P235/65 17 and paid $1,230 (Installed, GST & $80 rebate included) here in Edmonton.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I looked on Tire Rack, it is amazing how cheap the prices are on that site, shipping to Regina is not the best, I will likely go local.

I thought it would be over 1200 Canuck Bucks, I paid 1100 for black rims and winter studless in 2010 for my old Santa Fe.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I looked on Tire Rack, it is amazing how cheap the prices are on that site, shipping to Regina is not the best, I will likely go local.

I thought it would be over 1200 Canuck Bucks, I paid 1100 for black rims and winter studless in 2010 for my old Santa Fe.
If you still have the previous wheels/tyres, they'll fit your 2013

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have finalized my purchase last week and went with Toyo Observe GSI-5 on black steel rims, P235/65 17 and paid $1,230 (Installed, GST & $80 rebate included) here in Edmonton.
I'm thinking of the black steel rim route too. One question are you going to get any center caps to protect the front hub bolt from rusting, and simply for aesthetics?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you still have the previous wheels/tyres, they'll fit your 2013
The problem is I still have the 2010! It is my daily driver and mum and baby are in the 2013!

I'm thinking of the black steel rim route too. One question are you going to get any center caps to protect the front hub bolt from rusting, and simply for aesthetics?
I will likely just go black Nekkid rims, unless Cdn Tire has. Sale on alloys.

·
2,258 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
To be honest I have not given it any thought. On my previous CUV I had the same setup and I did not go with any centre caps. I am wondering if I should to protect the bolt from rusting.

·
Registered
169 Posts
To be honest I have not given it any thought. On my previous CUV I had the same setup and I did not go with any centre caps. I am wondering if I should to protect the bolt from rusting.
Well I'm sure it wont hurt, but I'm kinda fussy about these little things. I don't really wanna buy mag wheels. The whole idea here is to have whatever steel rims that I don't care less about salt and sand. In Vancouver the first frost and cold they hit the road with more salt than your McDonalds fries!!!!!

·
2,258 Posts
the axle and axle bolt can go 200,000miles fully exposed, before rust will cause anything to worry about. its incredibly strong steel. if you are concered, just coat it with a rubberized material like flex-seal or plasti-dip.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PlastiDip has about a billion uses!

I had a price quote from Canadian tire 17 inch black steel rims with their cheapola Goodyear Nordic tires 800.00 installed/balanced/taxes and enviro included. Since she is not doing long miles in the mountains, I think we may go that route. THen we can spend 400 on Plastidip! :)

·
2,258 Posts
why not just go to a junk yard and buy some santa fe steel or aluminum rims, and some tires (new if you wish from a store, or used from the junk yard).

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Does the bolt pattern stay the same up to a few years back on the santa fe's?
Just because 2 cars have the same bolt pattern and the wheels will "fit", does not always make them correct. Offset and center bore must also be considered.

Now in this case they may be OK, but it is still best to check.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Nice!

Pretty stoked about my new winter wheels....
Didn't want the basic steel wheels - especially since i'm going to have this SFS for the next 6+ years, so for an extra $50/wheel, I got black alloys... very impressed with look - thought I'd share for those interested...

DAI alloys "target" glossy black @ $125/wheel.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts