Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am coming up on 100,000 miles on my Veracruz. I need to replace the shocks and struts but looking online I only see options for the rear shocks (KYB, Monroe) but nothing for the front strut. Has anyone changed theirs yet if who makes the front strut?
I am also going to replace the spark plugs I do plan to use iBosch iridiums instead of Denso or NGK. If anyone has changed theres do you have any tips or advice on accessing the rear ones. I am going to try to do it myself if not will take it in to a mechanic.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Spark plugs,,, Use the NGK IRIDIUM and dont look back. You only want to do the job 1 time.

Access rear plugs,, remove the upper intake plenum as the biggest piece you can remove, dont waste time peeling all the small stuff off, just unplug couple connector, slide hoses off, and roll it over out of way enogh to get socket onto coil bolt and socket into plug tube.

Replace plenum gasket to lower intake, and throttle body body if you remove throttle body to be able to roll plenum out of way.

Shocks/struts, I have nothing to offer.. we replace them when they wore out and customer complain about bounce or noise

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
i've only replaced the rear shocks. had one start leaking after vacation this past summer, only had 46K on the odometer. oh well, not a big expense nor was it a big job. quite easy actually.

front struts, can't help you on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts