Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the difficulties, if any, as well as the cost involved, of replacing the shocks or struts on my 2009 Sonata? When I first purchased the car it seemingly rode almost as easy as my Caddy. It wasn't long before it began to ride more like my 76 Chevy Pickup. Granted I do use the sonata as a delivery vehicle, carrying sometimes heavy parcels. Most likely the shocks [or struts, I don't know which I have] need replacing, possibly with heavier duty ones. I appreciate any ideas and/or advice.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi, To be honest i don't think hyundai made the sonata to be a delivery vehicle :). The rear shocks are easy enough to replace because they are independent of the spring. The front is that bit harder because the spring has to be depressed to remove the shock. I think it will cost about 300 bucks for the four sides but that is a guess!

Check all four shocks to see for any leaks and also the upper shock mounts for cracks in the rubber. Best of luck

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help, Frank. Since posting I have had some look at the vehicle. Shocks are just fine! Granted, Hyndai didn't mean for their Sonata to be a delivery vehicle, however . . after 172,000 miles having only replaced one battery and a set of tires, I'd have to say they have gotten more than my moneys worth! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts