Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
noticed something annoying when using the manual mode. Driving about 35 mph, shifting into 5th gear and it wont let me upshift BUT if i shift to drive and then back to manual to check what gear the car is on, it shows 5th gear. Same thing happens from 3rd to 4th as well. I try to upshift several times and it wont do it, but switching to auto and checking shows a higher gear was selected by the car automatically. whats up with that? I always drive with ECO on, is that a potential issue?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
You can be cruising at 80 and slide it into manual and it goes into 5th. I believe it is programmed to be sort of a sport mode, and downshifting may be appropriate? I often put it into manual as I start up a long grade, so it will stay in 6th for better MPG. The ol' diagonal left & forward motion pretty much keeps it from downshifting into 5th. My '01 V6 has a 4-speed sportronic and does not downshift when engaged.

·
Registered
140 Posts
With eco on it shifts very aggressively from 2-5. I've noticed that sometimes it seems to double tap the 2-3 and 3-4 upshifts if you are really taking it easy. Not surprising that it doesn't let you double upshift manually that fast.

I find it's best to let the car upshift on its own and just use the manual mode to keep it in high gear on hills. The 2.0T will really creep along in 6th at a surprisingly low speed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts